OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The drums for Griffin are beating very loudly now. It seems he is gone. It's just a matter of whether it's next week or in a month from now.

It's unfortunate. I really wanted him to do well but his selections and recruitment from day 1 has just been bizarre. I really can't understand what he was thinking unless he was being paid off by rivals to sabotage the Dragons for as long as possible.
Well as I was indicating some time ago we are not going to continue with Griffin and I can also tell you that neither Ryles or Young will get the new gig. My money is going to be on Hasler, and a dark horse in Australia is Michael McGuire and John Morris and from outside Australia interest in the current Great Britain coach Shaun Wane. Griffin will no longer be at the helm in 2024 or even earlier depending upon the board meeting next week.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
jodragon40 jodragon40 often talks bout how good Benny Hunt is and how well he's playing and etc but I reckon if he was the coach, he would have giving Benny a baking by now. Told him to stick to his lane and stop trying to be captain, coach, CEO and everything in between.
Mate Ben Hunt is just showing a quality that you do look in a Captain and that is loyalty. If I were still coaching and my captain came out and said those things I would be grateful. However I would sit him down and say thank you but the writing is on the wall and I'm going to leave before I am unceremoniously dumped. Unfortunately as a coach of any team the ultimate measuring stick is how successful have you been no matter what sport. Personally before the board meets next week I would gather the players before the game against the Raiders and inform them of my intention to resign and thank them for their efforts and wish them luck in the future with their careers. Come Monday I'd be gone. It's a hard thing to do and I have unfortunately done this myself. It hurts, it hurts like hell but you know when it is time, and now is the time for Griffin to walk out with his dignity

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
S
Well as I was indicating some time ago we are not going to continue with Griffin and I can also tell you that neither Ryles or Young will get the new gig. My money is going to be on Hasler, and a dark horse in Australia is Michael McGuire and John Morris and from outside Australia interest in the current Great Britain coach Shaun Wane. Griffin will no longer be at the helm in 2024 or even earlier depending upon the board meeting next week.
Surely after experiencing the train wreck that is the West's Tigers joint venture, Madge would steer clear of another merged entity that can't govern a football club to save themselves?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
S

Surely after experiencing the train wreck that is the West's Tigers joint venture, Madge would steer clear of another merged entity that can't govern a football club to save themselves?
I don't think there's anyway the club would pick Madge ahead of Flanagan or Hasler. Or even Ryles, Young or Hornby. I certainly hope it isn't the latter 2. They have to cut their teeth as assistants for a while yet. Ryles was going around for us so long ago and has had a very extensive apprenticeship , I wouldn't mind him taking over.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mate Ben Hunt is just showing a quality that you do look in a Captain and that is loyalty. If I were still coaching and my captain came out and said those things I would be grateful. However I would sit him down and say thank you but the writing is on the wall and I'm going to leave before I am unceremoniously dumped. Unfortunately as a coach of any team the ultimate measuring stick is how successful have you been no matter what sport. Personally before the board meets next week I would gather the players before the game against the Raiders and inform them of my intention to resign and thank them for their efforts and wish them luck in the future with their careers. Come Monday I'd be gone. It's a hard thing to do and I have unfortunately done this myself. It hurts, it hurts like hell but you know when it is time, and now is the time for Griffin to walk out with his dignity
Boom. There you go! That is exactly what a good, proud coach would do.

Eric

Staff
This is another jodragon40 jodragon40 special!

Eric

Staff
Interesting. I agree with Hooper. Flanagan has paid the price and learned from his mistakes. Now it's time for another chance.
I still like the outsider coming in, like Bennett was. That outsider would be Hasler. But I'd also be happy with Flanno.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Let's hope not , but nothing surprises me with this lot , and Daddy's still there .....
Personally I have always indicated that signing any ex players as the next head coach would not improve our current situation. It is vitally important that the next coach has that ability to attract the very players we need who want to play under him. Otherwise you just continue on in the circle.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
S

Once a 1st grade coach always a 1st grade coach it's in your blood. He will throw in

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Let's hope not , but nothing surprises me with this lot , and Daddy's still there .....
Craig Young and Dean? If there's one bright side to the current train wreck, it's that I don't think they'd dare hire someone with such limited experience as Dean Young.