OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Why would Flanno leave us for whatever reason then want to return. Surely FO had discussed his chances of being next coach before he left, otherwise he'd have stayed. With our culture at an all time low, perhaps Flannos past dark history at the Sharkies was the last straw for our board to take..

"In the pack, Jack Bird is the closest thing they’ve got to a star"

What is this ROAR scribe on?
Yeah, if Flanagan thought he was a chance to take over from Hook, he probably wouldn't have left.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Hasler or Ryles have my vote. Surely Flanagan would not have left if FO had given him even the tiniest indication he was to be our next head coach. So ruling out him. I disagree that all former players make bad coaches. I reckon Ryles would be a good'n for us given his apprenticeship with too strong clubs. Betting his heart still beats RedV. It would be a beginning both for him and a new one for us as a rebuild of this once famous club is long overdue.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Hasler or Ryles have my vote. Surely Flanagan would not have left if FO had given him even the tiniest indication he was to be our next head coach. So ruling out him. I disagree that all former players make bad coaches. I reckon Ryles would be a good'n for us given his apprenticeship with too strong clubs. Betting his heart still beats RedV. It would be a beginning both for him and a new one for us as a rebuild of this once famous club is long overdue.
Did you vote? https://sgiforum.com/threads/coach-poll.237/
Ryles couldn't have done a better apprenticeship but the record of ex Dragons players coaching the Dragons is....... scary bad.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The word out is FO start interviewing prospective coaches next Tuesday with Griffin having to reapply. Hell we know we are going to get a better coach so just bite the bullet board and sack him as he is on record that he wont go quietly and certainly not mid season. If he is dumped Ryan Carr will finish the season.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The word out is FO start interviewing prospective coaches next Tuesday with Griffin having to reapply. Hell we know we are going to get a better coach so just bite the bullet board and sack him as he is on record that he wont go quietly and certainly not mid season. If he is dumped Ryan Carr will finish the season.
You can't do that , you will upset Benny he will sook for the rest of the year ....

Eric

Staff
The drums for Griffin are beating very loudly now. It seems he is gone. It's just a matter of whether it's next week or in a month from now.

It's unfortunate. I really wanted him to do well but his selections and recruitment from day 1 has just been bizarre. I really can't understand what he was thinking unless he was being paid off by rivals to sabotage the Dragons for as long as possible.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
The drums for Griffin are beating very loudly now. It seems he is gone. It's just a matter of whether it's next week or in a month from now.

It's unfortunate. I really wanted him to do well but his selections and recruitment from day 1 has just been bizarre. I really can't understand what he was thinking unless he was being paid off by rivals to sabotage the Dragons for as long as possible.
He never had a chance to get the players we needed because of our current culture and salary cap issues. Had to shop at St Vinnies instead of Myers. Didn't help that he was an old school coach and didn't listen to his assistants. I thought he was going to last until we were definitely out of semi finals contention but no real need to wait for round 12

Eric

Staff
He never had a chance to get the players we needed because of our current culture and salary cap issues. Had to shop at St Vinnies instead of Myers. Didn't help that he was an old school coach and didn't listen to his assistants. I thought he was going to last until we were definitely out of semi finals contention but no real need to wait for round 12
Instead of going out and recruiting McGuire, McCullough, Woods, Burgess, Gosiewski (no matter what one thinks of him, he is far from a young player coming through the grades), Murdoch-Masila, Moga and others, he could have recruited young players who would be playing first grade now. He took McGuire off the hands of the Cowboys so they could promote a few young forwards. WTF was that about? Charity for North QLD? What have they ever done for us?

Bottom line, I don't think salary cap issues are any excuse at all. And if there are salary cap issues, this is by now the team Griffin built. Spending big money on players not performing is on him.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

And right on cue, Benny Hunt is making a noise about he doesn't want to start again under a new coach. Better to just keep on losing for Benny.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
And right on cue, Benny Hunt is making a noise about he doesn't want to start again under a new coach. Better to just keep on losing for Benny.
jodragon40 jodragon40 often talks bout how good Benny Hunt is and how well he's playing and etc but I reckon if he was the coach, he would have giving Benny a baking by now. Told him to stick to his lane and stop trying to be captain, coach, CEO and everything in between.

Pro Dragons

SGI Junior League
Because of the fragmented Dragon’s board any smart rookie coach would see the coaching position as a poison chalice. We need a Bennett or Bellamy who would call the shots and not care who’s toes they step on.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Because of the fragmented Dragon’s board any smart rookie coach would see the coaching position as a poison chalice. We need a Bennett or Bellamy who would call the shots and not care who’s toes they step on.
Unfortunately I think both are unavailable. Hasler does that too. He locked the Manly owner out of the dressing room.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Bennett is out of the question. He seems very happy at Redcliffe. Bellamy seems intent on retiring but for a truckload of money, I guess he might reconider.