OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
A couple more after that and that will be that ...... Hearing Des may be heading our way ......
You would think it would take a few more losses but due to all the outside noise, I'm not sure. If they signed Hasler or someone else available to take over immediately, why would they keep Hook around for the rest of the season?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
if a loss this weekend
Optimistic. Without JDB to stiffen our defense, we are not up to the Sharks quality, specially now Hynes is back for them. Yet again the Sharks bosses are conceding their defense is well under what it was last season. So may be a points fest.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
But I like that Hasler was seemingly fired from Manly for not taking any crap from the owner. The owners job was to make money and Hasler's job was to run the NRL team. Seems the owner couldn't help but stick his grubby little nose into Hasler's job and Hasler wouldn't have it. I like that!
That answered my question why Hasler left Manly. I like that too, not taking any interference from FO. Hope then our board has mellowed since Alberts demise. Is that loser Doust still with us?
Dragons coach Anthony Griffin has been told he’ll need to reapply for his job and that the club will soon start interviewing potential coaches for 2024 and beyond.
Does not sound like we have a replacement coach lined up for when we sack ours mid year. So folks we are stuck with this poor excuse for this season at the very least.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Why would Flanno leave us for whatever reason then want to return. Surely FO had discussed his chances of being next coach before he left, otherwise he'd have stayed. With our culture at an all time low, perhaps Flannos past dark history at the Sharkies was the last straw for our board to take..

"In the pack, Jack Bird is the closest thing they’ve got to a star"

What is this ROAR scribe on?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Why would Flanno leave us for whatever reason then want to return. Surely FO had discussed his chances of being next coach before he left, otherwise he'd have stayed. With our culture at an all time low, perhaps Flannos past dark history at the Sharkies was the last straw for our board to take..

"In the pack, Jack Bird is the closest thing they’ve got to a star"

What is this ROAR scribe on?
When they have no idea, they just revert to the default nonsense other media pundits in the same boat.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Board is kidding themselves if they are sweating on an answer from Bellyache. Ryles has done his apprenticeship in two different systems (Storm and Chooks) and has been away from the Dragons long enough to be clear of the politics. He will attract and retain talent. We need to jump now, not miss out like we did with Fitzy.
Good to have a new face on The Dragons Lair DragonsTragic BDC.
A good analysis. Out of the three formers, Young, Hornby, Ryles, my vote is Ryles. Cut his coaching teeth at two strong clubs, his first head coach role and at his old club, three perfectly valid reasons why his appointment may just work. Deano may now be a bad choice with his old man forced out of his beloved club. Dont know much about what Hornby has been doing.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
A good analysis. Out of the three formers, Young, Hornby, Ryles, my vote is Ryles. Cut his coaching teeth at two strong clubs, his first head coach role and at his old club, three perfectly valid reasons why his appointment may just work. Deano may now be a bad choice with his old man forced out of his beloved club. Dont know much about what Hornby has been doing.
Thanks RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat !

Don't forget Trent Barrett, who I would expect to come up in any coaching discussions (and would hopefully be immediately dismissed as a serious option).

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Thanks RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat !

Don't forget Trent Barrett, who I would expect to come up in any coaching discussions (and would hopefully be immediately dismissed as a serious option).
Trent Barrett has had two chances as a head coach and failed terribly. Seems to be an excellent assistant coach.

BTW welcome to the forum!

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
A couple more after that and that will be that ...... Hearing Des may be heading our way ......
My information is that if Griffin goes he was on about $475k a year, any replacement would want substantially more because of the current state of the squad and more importantly the board. Don't forget we have a split boardroom so whether they can all come to a consensus on the next coach will be interesting to see

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
My information is that if Griffin goes he was on about $475k a year, any replacement would want substantially more because of the current state of the squad and more importantly the board. Don't forget we have a split boardroom so whether they can all come to a consensus on the next coach will be interesting to see
The good coaches are on well over 1mil as far as I know. I think Bellamy is on about 1.5mil a year.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Don't forget Ryles is still contracted until the end of the 24 season

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Board is kidding themselves if they are sweating on an answer from Bellyache. Ryles has done his apprenticeship in two different systems (Storm and Chooks) and has been away from the Dragons long enough to be clear of the politics. He will attract and retain talent. We need to jump now, not miss out like we did with Fitzy.
Firstly welcome, secondly I hope you tip outcomes of games better than this current mob 😁and lastly I believe that Ryles is up there with Young but my view is we need an outsider such as Hasler. I have never liked an ex player coaching the club but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just saying, at this early stage it seems I was wrong about Liddle and Musgrove. So have to give Hook credit for signing those 2.
I agree but in saying that the squad that he has assembled at this time is not a top 8 squad. I'm hoping that the 2 young props from Manly will be able to cut their teeth sometime later this season but alas after we are out of contention

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Firstly welcome, secondly I hope you tip outcomes of games better than this current mob 😁and lastly I believe that Ryles is up there with Young but my view is we need an outsider such as Hasler. I have never liked an ex player coaching the club but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Hasler for me as well! Though I can see Ryles has serious credentials.