OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
This crowd do too. If true things are starting to look up.
First thing is for either Des or Flanno to remove the dead wood from our roster and then settle on a Top 30 that can take us forward not backward.
That's good. They should do it now! What are they waiting for?

BTW, won't you join us in the tipping. We can start you off equal second. Too big a margin between first and last to start off in the middle.

Eric

Staff
Long article in the DT about the Dragons.
  • Main idea was that we have to appoint Shane Richardson as general manager of football.
  • He is ruthless and demands success.
  • Pointed out how fascicle it is Griffin hasn't yet been sacked.
  • The loser of tomorrow's game will likely "win" the spoon.
  • Also quite a lot about Zac Lomax.
  • Griffin was kind of justified in dropping him.
  • Zac has been talented but not playing well for a long time.
  • Dragons fans aren't particularly upset about it.
  • Griffin should have explained to him why.
I have to disagree with those last 4 points. Seemed to me, Zac was/is among the least of our problems. Why are BMM and Josh Kerr still being picked??? Can't the coach see what a problem the lack of speed in the outside backs is?

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Long article in the DT about the Dragons.
  • Main idea was that we have to appoint Shane Richardson as general manager of football.
  • He is ruthless and demands success.
  • Pointed out how fascicle it is Griffin hasn't yet been sacked.
  • The loser of tomorrow's game will likely "win" the spoon.
  • Also quite a lot about Zac Lomax.
  • Griffin was kind of justified in dropping him.
  • Zac has been talented but not playing well for a long time.
  • Dragons fans aren't particularly upset about it.
  • Griffin should have explained to him why.
I have to disagree with those last 4 points. Seemed to me, Zac was/is among the least of our problems. Why are BMM and Josh Kerr still being picked??? Can't the coach see what a problem the lack of speed in the outside backs is?
I won't hold my breathe waiting but I'd really like someone in a position of authority to explain why it's taking so long. Everyone knows his position is now untenable. I thought surely after losing to a depleted Gold Coast, that would be it but here we are, 3 more losses in a row later............

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Zac has been talented but not playing well for a long time.
Blind Freddie can see that is because he gets poor service from our halves. Some here say he is slow for a centre, dont agree, he has pace but what he has over a lot of other three quarters is his step and elusiveness. Check out his post contact metres even tho he has two/three opposition bearing down on him every time he is given the leather. He also has that special gift to produce something out of nothing which, on occasions, can get him in trouble. I have often said that Zac's game would benefit greatly behind a stronger side.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Blind Freddie can see that is because he gets poor service from our halves. Some here say he is slow for a centre, dont agree, he has pace but what he has over a lot of other three quarters is his step and elusiveness. Check out his post contact metres even tho he has two/three opposition bearing down on him every time he is given the leather. He also has that special gift to produce something out of nothing which, on occasions, can get him in trouble. I have often said that Zac's game would benefit greatly behind a stronger side.
100% agree.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Griffin should have explained to him why.
A lot of platitudes from Hook but little substance. Spent most of the interview avoiding a clear and precise answer, specially to the many Lomax questions.
Kinda odd. First we had the Griffin mass cull and now this full page interview. It smells of some type of conspiracy to keep him at the club beyond this year.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
A lot of platitudes from Hook but little substance. Spent most of the interview avoiding a clear and precise answer, specially to the many Lomax questions.
Kinda odd. First we had the Griffin mass cull and now this full page interview. It smells of some type of conspiracy to keep him at the club beyond this year.
Agree with that as well but it's so bad, can just barely imagine him seeing out this year. Doubt it but I can just imagine it due to the idoit, self-serving board.

Can't imagine him being on board next year.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Wouldn't be disappointed if a Shane Richardson was brought it as boss of football. Need a strong character to come in and shake the board / club out of their stupor of mediocrity.
If what they say about him is true, can't be a bad move.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
When I joined this forum I said 2025 and I'll be unfortunately spot on
I hope you're right because right now...... This season is write off. The only way is up next season but up enough to be in the finals in 2 years? We will see. Needs to be roster overhaul.