OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep taking the easy way out. I don't like ex players coaching but that's just me. We need someone from outside the club an disciplinarian
Especially not considering the record of ex Dragons players coaching. And especially not considering the record of rookie coaches, coaching. Yet they want us to have both with Hornby. Then again, compared to Hook who isn't in either of those categories, the record of ex players and rookies is very good.:rolleyes:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Especially not considering the record of ex Dragons players coaching. And especially not considering the record of rookie coaches, coaching. Yet they want us to have both with Hornby. Then again, compared to Hook who isn't in either of those categories, the record of ex players and rookies is very good.:rolleyes:
It won't end well

Eric

Staff
All the independent experts are saying something like this. So that means they will do it. Interim coach for the rest of the year, maybe the hospitality expert Ben Haren and Ben Hornby next year.
If it's Hornby, and god I hope it's not, we van probably say bye to JDB. They say a coach can't coach players he played with.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Brent Read in The Oz is saying that Hook won't be hooked before Hunt's 300th game and the club may actually wait until they have secured Shane Richardson as head of football before deciding on a new coach. Mentioned Ryles, Young and Hornby, but no mention of Flanno or Des? Have they walked away or been told no thanks?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Brent Read in The Oz is saying that Hook won't be hooked before Hunt's 300th game and the club may actually wait until they have secured Shane Richardson as head of football before deciding on a new coach. Mentioned Ryles, Young and Hornby, but no mention of Flanno or Des? Have they walked away or been told no thanks?
Beat me to it. I very much doubt Flanagan or Hasler have walked away. Both are on record saying they want to be head coach. I think they are going for Ryles, knowing he's going to say he can't leave until his contract with the Roosters is finished. And then say, "Well, unfortunately we couldn't get our main target but Horny/Young is ready to take over.

Doust and his gang of useless misfits want to be in charge of everything. With Hornby or Young, they can do it. With Hasler or Flanagan they can't.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
FM radio news is reporting Ryles has signed on to replace Griffin. Don't know how accurate that is?
I'll take Ryles but what happened to Hasler firming as favorite only a week ago. All this rumor is doing in my head. FO just bloody tell your fans what is happening.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Well that's it, isn't it? There is such a culture of being unprofessional. It's all about jobs for the boys, from the top down. I don't think an outsider with Hasler's strength of personality would suit that culture at all.
Agree I think there may be a backlash from the fans.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
It gets weirder by the hour:

Sources close to the Roosters say the club has been told that Ryles was invited to meet Dragons powerbrokers by former teammate Ben Creagh, who is a member of the St George Illawarra board.

They were further told that the meeting was not set up to sound out Ryles out the coaching job. Rather, the Roosters are of the understanding that the meeting was designed to give St George Illawarra officials the opportunity to pick Ryles’ brain about the best way to turn around their club

Eric

Staff
It gets weirder by the hour:

Sources close to the Roosters say the club has been told that Ryles was invited to meet Dragons powerbrokers by former teammate Ben Creagh, who is a member of the St George Illawarra board.

They were further told that the meeting was not set up to sound out Ryles out the coaching job. Rather, the Roosters are of the understanding that the meeting was designed to give St George Illawarra officials the opportunity to pick Ryles’ brain about the best way to turn around their club
I'm just wondering, why do you think they need to "pick the brains" of Ryles when he hasn't even been a head coach before? Couldn't they find someone more qualified? Plus, Ryles is contracted with a rival club. Why do the powerbrokers think he'd genuinely help?

I think it was definitely an interview or offer in regard to becoming head coach.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just wondering, why do you think they need to "pick the brains" of Ryles when he hasn't even been a head coach before? Couldn't they find someone more qualified? Plus, Ryles is contracted with a rival club. Why do the powerbrokers think he'd genuinely help?

I think it was definitely an interview or offer in regard to becoming head coach.
Correct. They are saying a 5 year deal. Gee, I'm not sure about that for an unproven head coach. But I love the idea of bringing Browny home as head of recruitment.