OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Chieka is on record as saying this.
''I am starting to learn more about it (league), being a coach you can transition to anything because it is about getting the best out of people''. How true something Griffin has never been able to achieve while here.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Whatever they are going to do, it must be this week! Surely Griffin can't remain in place for another week!
Dont fret, even tho Cheiks is not available to take over before October after the Yawnion WC, Ryan Carr apparently has been penciled in as interim coach.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Griffin getting the sack on Tuesday night. Still no word on his replacement but the media are going all in on Ryles, Hornby or Young.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Yeehah we can start celebrating as Griffin will be given the heave ho this morning to allow for early recruitment before the new coach starts next season. Either Ryan Carr or Ben Woolf to be interim coach.
Speculation still remains as to Griffin's successor, one day it is Hasler or Flanagan, then Ryles or Hornby, then Michael Cheika who was not even given the courtesy of an interview.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Those running this club have to go if our players have a say in it. Reportedly they are 'filthy' with the Board for their response, or lack thereof, around Griffin’s job status this season, which has been up in the air since before a ball was kicked in 2023. Rubbing salt into the wound, also because not one member of management bothered to attend Ben Hunts 300th dinner celebration. Love him or hate him, Hunt deserves the plaudits for his longevity.
Jodragon says this club is divided, this proves it.

Eric

Staff
Those running this club have to go if our players have a say in it. Reportedly they are 'filthy' with the Board for their response, or lack thereof, around Griffin’s job status this season, which has been up in the air since before a ball was kicked in 2023. Rubbing salt into the wound, also because not one member of management bothered to attend Ben Hunts 300th dinner celebration. Love him or hate him, Hunt deserves the plaudits for his longevity.
Jodragon says this club is divided, this proves it.
I read the headline but when one digs down into the story, it seems there were a few but not as many as you would expect.

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not one to jump on someone's grave, but unfortunately there was no other way forward. Hopefully everyone from board to support staff to players reflect on the part they played to get to this point and use this as an opportunity to reset their efforts or else move on in the interest of all involved.

This afternoon's team selections will be an interesting pointer to how soon we start to turn the corner.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

Jack talking a lot of sense. I got the feeling he wanted to say good riddance while at same time feeling for him over losing his livelihood.
I read the headline but when one digs down into the story, it seems there were a few but not as many as you would expect.
I expect it was the senior players mostly, JDB, Lawrie, Lomax, Hunt. Evidently they also said '' they had given up on the club'', meaning probably the Board. So we may well see a big broom sweep thru the boardroom in coming months. First to go the bloke that has been stinking up this place for decades, Peter Doust.

Last edited:

DragonsTragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
"In a bizarre decision the Dragons had also organised for eight Red V players to front the media at 8.30am at the club’s Wollongong headquarters.

So while Red V chairman Lancaster informed Griffin of the decision at 8am - the players were then forced to front up and face questions they had no answers for.

St George Illawarra captain Ben Hunt was understandably fuming at the way the club has handled the situation.

There’s no way the strong NRL clubs with sharp front offices allow those types of scenes to unfold.

It tells the story of where the Dragons are at as a club right now."

It sure does...amateurs.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The bad news is that if they appointed an interim coach, means Hasler won't get the nod as he's available now. Still a chance for Flanagan. I'm 50-50 between the two. Well, maybe 51-49 in Haslers favour.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not one to jump on someone's grave, but unfortunately there was no other way forward. Hopefully everyone from board to support staff to players reflect on the part they played to get to this point and use this as an opportunity to reset their efforts or else move on in the interest of all involved.

This afternoon's team selections will be an interesting pointer to how soon we start to turn the corner.
The modern game sees to have passed him by. Boards fault for seeing it go on until now. It was a bad record. Now it's embarrassing for him.

Plus I think he can't get along with subordinates. They always end up turning on him.

Eric

Staff
IMO the most important thing is that he's finally been sacked. It would have been too much to ask for, for a new head coach ready to go. Anthony Seibold said, "I hope he (Flanagan) stays (at Manly) but if he's offered a head coaching job elsewhere, we won't stand in his way."

That was much better than Souffs and Cowboys tripping over themselves to recommend Hornby and Young.

Bottom line is, defiantly Hasler and probably Flanagan are available now. Why TF do we need an interim? Let's get this show on the road now so hopefully next year isn't a write off as well.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Seems it's definitely Ryles. Apparently he's already in the process of hiring his support staff. Could have been better with Hasler or Flanagan or worse with Hornby or Young.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Seems it's definitely Ryles. Apparently he's already in the process of hiring his support staff. Could have been better with Hasler or Flanagan or worse with Hornby or Young.
Can't ask too much of the incompetent +a*#=