OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
NRL 360 predicting Ryles Head Coach with Hornby (attack) and Young (defence) assistants.
Wouldn't surprise me but I think.....
FFS, surely not. 1 old-boy is more than enough.
not. It's just pundits who want to see the Dragons continue on as they are now and are trying to encourage that to happen. The silence of Souffs and Cowboys is deafening. Young and Hornby are both under contract but it doesn't seem they are too worried about them breaking their contracts.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Despite all the rumors, Hasler, Flanagan and Cheika were never in the picture. Three guys with extensive coaching experience, turned aside for three others with no head coaching experience. But the upside is they have passion for the RedV.

Eric

Staff
Despite all the rumors, Hasler, Flanagan and Cheika were never in the picture. Three guys with extensive coaching experience, turned aside for three others with no head coaching experience. But the upside is they have passion for the RedV.
I think so too. I don't know what qualifications Cheika but the two others have excellent qualifications. So they wouldn't allow the board to push them around and that's why they were no chance. It's true there is no official comment on Ryles but seems some media people have inside knowledge. Ryles is the one and Young or Hornby are the back up plan.

They are comparing Ryles with Ciraldo at the Grubs. The highly experienced assistant thought to be overdue for first grade. But look at how they are traveling. Marginally better than us even after they paid overs for JAC, Kikau, Mahony, Burton. That will come back to bite them when we swoop in to poach their best juniors.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
This is a description of Ryles I can live with.

"Still young, served a great apprenticeship, been away from us for 15 years but still has a soft spot for the club, articulate, tough as teak and I suspect won't tolerate any stupidity. Has been head down bum up getting on learning as much as he can from the best in the game and certainly has no sense of entitlement."

Eric

Staff

Who is Ryan Carr:​

• The question itself is troubling. Why did we have as assistant, now interim head coach, who no one has ever heard of before?
  • 34 years-old. So I year older than Ben Hunt. 2 years older than BMM and JDB.
  • Came though the Souffs system. Beaten out for halfback by Adam Reynolds.
  • Worked under Trent Robinson with France at last year’s World Cup.
  • Spent time working in the lower grades at Canberra.
  • Took up a head-coaching role in England with Featherstone.
  • Spend three years with Parramatta before taking up the Dragons post.
  • Captained North Queensland’s under-20s in 2008.
  • Spent time at halfback for the Redcliffe Dolphins, before becoming the Rabbitohs’ NYC coach at age 27.