OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Ryles is a big no from me don't like ex players as coaches and most definitely don't like rookie coaches trying to fix the mess that the club is in.
Me too. Everyone else who follows the Dragons I know too but it's going to be Ryles. Hopefully he's going to be the supercoach. Won't know until he gets a chance.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Liked the Carr mindset during his first press conference, saying ''it is about what is best for this club and the players, it is not about me''. Ever hear Griffin speak that way. What happens if we have a good second half season and we have already appointed Ryles, may be left with a dilemma over whether we should have had Carr in the mix for head coach.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Ryles is a big no from me don't like ex players as coaches and most definitely don't like rookie coaches trying to fix the mess that the club is in.
Me too. Everyone else who follows the Dragons I know too but it's going to be Ryles. Hopefully he's going to be the supercoach. Won't know until he gets a chance.
The only hope is for Richardson to be appointed before the coach and then come in and say something to end of:
  • You people (the board and CEO) are idiots.
  • This shambles needs an experienced campaigner with a proven track record of building success from the ground up. There are 2 available now.
  • Ryles is far from that.
  • Who does Ryles think he is making all these demands? He's an unproven quantity. We wish him luck proving himself elsewhere.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Liked the Carr mindset during his first press conference, saying ''it is about what is best for this club and the players, is not about me''. Ever hear Griffin speak that way. What happens if we have a good second half season and we have already appointed Ryles, may be left with a dilemma over whether we should have had Carr in the mix for head coach.
Got a lInk to the press conference?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Liked the Carr mindset during his first press conference, saying ''it is about what is best for this club and the players, it is not about me''. Ever hear Griffin speak that way. What happens if we have a good second half season and we have already appointed Ryles, may be left with a dilemma over whether we should have had Carr in the mix for head coach.
Nice problem to have...agree on Carr though, handled the media pretty well in difficult conditions.
It was a good interview. Good luck to him. He needs to banish with Kerr and BMM immediately but other than that, he seems to be off to a good start.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
What happens if Carr turns round our season and we push for a finals spot. A huge ask but what if. Carr has then proven he can coach under intense pressure. Surely that will then put us in a dilemma if we have already signed Ryles or another candidate. Point being Carr will have earned his candidacy yet will be over looked. Hey FO our next head coach may well be here under your noses.. think carefully.
We've been down this road before. He's barely started his career as an assistant coach. Should be aiming for him to be next head coach, after the one who is maybe going to be appointed soon.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Trust our board to be "locked in negotiations" with a rookie coach making all kinds of demands. I think the demands I'm hearing about are mostly good but not 5 years! 3 years max with performance clauses!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Word is Ryles is about to be let loose from his Roosters contract to join us as early as after the Dolphins game.

Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
5 years with clauses is ok. 2 years to overhaul the roster and then an ongoing, very competitive team.