OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I can only presume they are looking to appoint a qualified GM of the football dept, like Phil Gould at the Bulldogs, before signing a head coach. Otherwise, WTF are they waiting for?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I can only presume they are looking to appoint a qualified GM of the football dept, like Phil Gould at the Bulldogs, before signing a head coach. Otherwise, WTF are they waiting for?
They are waiting for all the better players to sign up with other clubs , so then they can pick from the players that are not wanted by their clubs , and the ones that are ready to retire and want to ease off ........ That's how it's been for a long time now , bunch of Wankers .......

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
They are waiting for all the better players to sign up with other clubs , so then they can pick from the players that are not wanted by their clubs , and the ones that are ready to retire and want to ease off ........ That's how it's been for a long time now , bunch of Wankers .......
The worst thing is that this looks to be true. Is there another explanation?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Still no word. Either they run an unbelievably tight ship in regard to leaks or they are unbelievably lazy and incompetent.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just speaking from personal experiences here. For the board to be in negotiations with a rookie coach who is also a ex player, never had one day as a head coach and have an expectation that in the next 3 yrs he will take the new favourites for the spoon to a competitive top 8 team is absolute fallacy. There are many other numerous issues that need attention so that we can rebuild. In reality you cannot rebuild a club around a player in the twilight of his career no matter how well he is currently playing. You just will not be able to attract the necessary players that we so badly need. Potential both as a player or coach doesn't automatically convert to fruition as we have seen with some of our future potential superstars over the last few seasons. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Just speaking from personal experiences here. For the board to be in negotiations with a rookie coach who is also a ex player, never had one day as a head coach and have an expectation that in the next 3 yrs he will take the new favourites for the spoon to a competitive top 8 team is absolute fallacy. There are many other numerous issues that need attention so that we can rebuild. In reality you cannot rebuild a club around a player in the twilight of his career no matter how well he is currently playing. You just will not be able to attract the necessary players that we so badly need. Potential both as a player or coach doesn't automatically convert to fruition as we have seen with some of our future potential superstars over the last few seasons. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong
Looks right. God help us.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The only thing going for Ryles and the Board is we have reached rock bottom ....... So next year if they just miss out on a top 8 finish , will that be enough for them to be patting each other on the backs , and high 5"s all round ....... For me nothing is an improvement if they dont make the 8 ..........

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The only thing going for Ryles and the Board is we have reached rock bottom ....... So next year if they just miss out on a top 8 finish , will that be enough for them to be patting each other on the backs , and high 5"s all round ....... For me nothing is an improvement if they dont make the 8 ..........
I go a bit further. Remember how McGregor used to endlessly rave about "making the finals"? I want a top 4 team, genuine premiership contender. Not next year but certainly the year after.

Eric

Staff
I go a bit further. Remember how McGregor used to endlessly rave about "making the finals"? I want a top 4 team, genuine premiership contender. Not next year but certainly the year after.
  • E: Bottom 4
  • D: Between bottom 5~9
  • C: Top 8, first week exit
  • C+: Top 8 second week exit
  • B: 3rd week exit
  • A: GF
  • A+: Premiership winner

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ryles is to be appointed for a four year term that includes performance hurdles in year three and four which will require the team to reach specific benchmarks.
As part of the negotiations, Ryles insisted that ultimate control of the football department must rest with the head coach in order to avoid interference from external factors. Ryles is said to be conscious of the issues that have hampered the club’s performance in recent years, therefore, ensuring that the football department has total control of football related matters, such as recruitment and retention, was a fierce priority for Ryles. (League Initiative)