OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think it is good he did not sign…..No rookie coach should be offered the deal he wanted. If he does good then they can upgrade his contract. But until then…. Anyway, Hornby is a better option than the Machiavellian Jason Ryles ! Let the Benedict Arnold go to the Storm ! He won’t be head coach there either. Slater will get the job ! There are not many head coaching jobs so I think he may have missed his chance….But does anyone know if Hasler would be interested in the job. Unlike Griffin he has a good record as a head coach….
I agree it'll be good if it leads to the appointment of proven winners, Hasler or Flanagan. Can't believe they went for a rookie when those two are available immediately.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We lost Ryles principally because of Politis who gave the Storm boss a clear passage to his signiture by sacking Ryles before we had secured him. Slow as a snail travelling thru mollases is our bloody Board.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
There is a simple solution. Appoint Hasler or Flanagan for 3 years and promise them control of the team.
Not according to this bombshell that Ryles was knocked back because he wanted too much control. Hasler would have posed even more of a threat, after all he told the Eagles owner to 'butt out'. Admit your error in letting Flanagan leave, and offer him the job before all carriages of the train leave the rails.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yeh I read that, those bananabenders walloped us again.
Close. TPJ..... another "inspired" Brad Fittler selection.
Not according to this bombshell that Ryles was knocked back because he wanted too much control. Hasler would have posed even more of a threat, after all he told the Eagles owner to 'butt out'. Admit your error in letting Flanagan leave, and offer him the job before all carriages of the train leave the rails.
You don't think the head coach demanding more control of the team is a good thing? Right now we have people like Peter Doust making decisions for the team.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
We are in the proverbial deep shit. For many years now we have had self elected board members who the majority come from business backgrounds in sales, advertising and media with very few if any with footballing knowledge or connections. We need at the very least 4 board members to be sacked, Haran, Lancaster, Webb and Doust. Until we bite that bullet we cannot attract the necessary players we need to make us competitive. That is a fact

Eric

Staff
Disband the JV.
It's a nice idea but I don't think St George can survive in the national competition by itself. Illawarra certainly can't. The JV isn't the problem. We are hardly the first organisation to fall under unprofessional people in positions of power. Even though ours are so unprofessional, IMO it raises corruption suspicions. I don't have any evidence of that but they are just SO unprofessional, I can't think of any other logical explanation.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I don't think St George can survive in the national competition by itself
Only one way to find out. Two joint ventures both under performers for much of the time. The Dragons have history on their side if they were to go it alone again.. their golden era when no other world sporting team could match their feat. They still have a competitive junior league, and while it will be a struggle in early years, the club will grow as administrators, players and the media reconnect with the famous club.

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Webb skirting round reason why Ryles was missed. Fact is mr CEO you were as slow as a snail in molasses in nailing the deal.
Mate, Ryles wanted the impossible one of his outrageous requests was he wanted to surround himself with his own support staff, now that would mean the board would have to relinquish some of their power and this nonsensical board wouldn't want that to happen. Half the board should be dismissed they are an embarrassment to the club