OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
''I sat out six months in 2014 and in 2015 we won every competition, SG Ball, Harold Matthews Cup, NSW Cup, because during that period I set up a structure I wanted to have in place and we reaped its rewards and then obviously we won in 2016, we went close in 2015.''

Impressive, all our grades are under performing, need the Flanno touch.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
''I sat out six months in 2014 and in 2015 we won every competition, SG Ball, Harold Matthews Cup, NSW Cup, because during that period I set up a structure I wanted to have in place and we reaped its rewards and then obviously we won in 2016, we went close in 2015.''

Impressed, all our grades are under performing, need the Flanno touch.
I was in favour of Hasler first but I must admit, what I'm hearing from Flanagan has won me over to his side.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My info is that as a business the club is in the top 3 clubs as being financially strong
That is good news, so we aren't a total basket case. Baffled then why we have only imported rejects when we can afford far better and be now traveling further up the ladder. Being frugal wont win give us a final spot let alone win us a premiership.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Still just rumours but no specific indication of the next coach. Seriously, what are they waiting for?

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Said many
Said many times , it's only been the last couple of years that Hunt has stood out , as a good player in a dud side ....... Say again as a good individual player not a great 7 ...... If he wants to go go , I personally have had enough of him , his best position is 9 , he is not a 7 , so he doesn't want to play 9 then see you later .......

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
As this subject is of vital significance to our club's future it deserves its own thread.

Who is aware of this?
Prior to the appointment of Griffin as head coach, the Dragons board plus Shane Flanagan, who had been banned by the NRL, approached the NRL requesting that the ban be waived so that Flanagan could be appointed head coach at the Dragons. The request was denied and so Griffin was appointed head coach.
I did and its true

st george tragic

SGI Jersey Flegg
Looking at the comments on this particular topic I can see that not many have had hands on experience in football administration. So my 2 bobs worth YES to a minimum 3 year coach a very big No to interim coaches. The coach must have 100% control of the football team, support staff, Asst coaches and performance coach, apart from the financial side no club gives its coaches carte blanche open cheque books. The Board needs to be evenly balanced between football administrators and business prowess. The Manager of Football must be a respected football administrator, so the current one needs to go. YES to our next coach tried and proven that has the necessary connections within the RL community to attract the necessary players to the club to make us competitive again. It's not complicated, discipline and cultural issues need addressing and fixing. The stumbling block is our board who measure success by $ and cents not by our on field performances.
Totally agree with everything you have said do you want a job on the board. Why can't they get the job done. Sign flano now then p off. I see young and hornby still in the mix if they get the job then I'm done with the dragons after 60 years of support

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
That is good news, so we aren't a total basket case. Baffled then why we have only imported rejects when we can afford far better and be now traveling further up the ladder. Being frugal wont win give us a final spot let alone win us a premiership.
That's because only players that have been basically kicked out of a club. They are the only players will come to the Dragons. Its here or Super league. We take the rejects. The top players won't come here. They know our Board has a name for Shonky deals &
looking after their own interests. THIS ADMINISTRATION MUST GO!

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
That's because only players that have been basically kicked out of a club. They are the only players will come to the Dragons. Its here or Super league. We take the rejects. The top players won't come here. They know our Board has a name for Shonky deals &
looking after their own interests. THIS ADMINISTRATION MUST GO!
This is the verbal version of kicking in the boardroom door and spraying the room with machine gun fire🔥

• Haha
Reactions: QDF

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Totally agree with everything you have said do you want a job on the board. Why can't they get the job done. Sign flano now then p off. I see young and hornby still in the mix if they get the job then I'm done with the dragons after 60 years of support
I'm happy in retirement but thanks for your kind comments. My personal experience with Presidents and boards is that each person has his own agenda, egos sometimes get so big that their heads can no longer fit through the boardroom door. It is so very sad that since the merger the focus has been on running the football club as a business with success measured by the financial balance sheet. That is one of the main factors that has led to our current situation, there are other factors as well but this one is the foundation of a crumbling footballing arm to the business and until it is balanced no new head coach on his own can return us to our traditional place in the RL world

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So they were ok then to try to get him , so what's changed ? Why are they only now trying to get him ....... ?
Politics I'm afraid, the spotlight is now shining directly on the boardroom and not on the coach, and they don't like it. It is bad for any business when your senior executives are painted in such a bad light

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Politics I'm afraid, the spotlight is now shining directly on the boardroom and not on the coach, and they don't like it. It is bad for any business when your senior executives are painted in such a bad light
Yes agree, this incompetent bunch of Board members have to GO! PETER DOUST is the main instigator of the DEMISE of Stgeorge Dragons. He the one responsible for letting these short fingered Gordon's into our CLUB.
He's an absolute parasite
With his head firmly entrenched in the TROUGH
at the Dragons. Would really like to know who appointed this crook, back on the Board. He goes from working for the club as CEO. Then retiring as CEO, (immediately after the half price deal he gave the Gordon's for 50% of the Club)Only to some how pop up again as Board member.???????
So he robs the club 5.5million dollars. Then gets a position on the Board. How does that work, can anyone on this Forum explain this situation to me????????