OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Mate, Doust had a position on the board from the start. Everyone was of the belief that when he was forced to resign as the CEO that would be the end of him. However he never ever relinquished his seat on the board and is extremely influential with the Win side of the merger as you have indicated. Therein lies the crux of the problem with our board once in you need to pass away to lose your seat.
You don't have a position on the Board, if you are a CEO. They give you directions, and you as CEO
carry out their direction. So for DOUST to get on the Board after he retired, someone had to have nominated him for the position as Board member.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
You don't have a position on the Board, if you are a CEO. They give you directions, and you as CEO
carry out their direction. So for DOUST to get on the Board after he retired, someone had to have nominated him for the position as Board member.
Is Doust some kind of mafia don? Only interested in his personal money and power?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I beg to differ he has been a board member for as long as I can remember

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Meanwhile, still waiting for a new coach. Other clubs must be having fits of laughter over the Dragons front office.

• Haha
Reactions: QDF

Eric

Staff
Meanwhile, still waiting for a new coach. Other clubs must be having fits of laughter over the Dragons front office.
Just wait for it. Any day or any hour now, some problem is going to emerge regarding Flanno so in a made rush the appoint a new coach, Dean Young.

• Angry

Eric

Staff
Fox sport knows we are a mess. If this unknown board member votes against Flanagan and we end up with young or Hornby God help us. This messed up board has to go. You watch them stuff this up tomorrow
Illusion Illusion was saying this would happen some months ago. More and more it's looking like that's (Hornby or Young) going to happen. If it happens, there is surely some serious corruption at the board level. No one is that incompetent. I think every single fan bar a handful who have a personal relationship with Young and/or Hornby are screaming, begging, clawing against it but the board doesn't care.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I can now confirm that Doust has been a member of the board since the JV. I can also confirm that Doust doesn't want Flanagan as that would weaken his influence in the board room. I can also confirm another reason Doust doesn't want Flanagan is because he has had a running dispute with Flanagans manager a bloke by the name of Isaac Moses and this has been ongoing for the last 20 yrs.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Today's the big day, isn't it? The vote to appoint the new head coach is today, I mean. I think the board wants to appoint a rookie coach they can control but there is too much media heat on them. Everyone is saying this is a job too big for coaches as green as Young or Hornby. If they don't appoint Flanagan they'll look like complete idiots.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Today's the big day, isn't it? The vote to appoint the new head coach is today, I mean. I think the board wants to appoint a rookie coach they can control but there is too much media heat on them. Everyone is saying this is a job too big for coaches as green as Young or Hornby. If they don't appoint Flanagan they'll look like complete idiots.
If they can put it off for another week or two, then turn it into some kind of emergency, they might be able to get away with hiring Young or Hornby.

• Angry

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
Yes read this in Tele today. Bloody useless Board can not get on the same page.. this is the most damaging side affect of this bloody JV, with one faction wanting their candidate , the other, theirs. If we lose Flanagan the NRL must step in to sort this mess once and for all. I hope they recommend a disbanding of the JV.. will be the happiest day of my life.
Couldn't agree more.
Buy these useless Gordon's out. Go back to the Stgeorge Dragons at Jubilee. This JV. has been nothing but a total disaster. Then change the Governance & let the members vote, then we will see the changes we desire. Get that F..ck'n Shyster DOUST out once & for all.
He can go lick his wounds
with those scumbag Gordon's that he conspired with to rob us for 5.5million.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan got the job 3 yrs from start of 24. Just need to clear up the contract bits and pieces. So it is reasonable to believe that 25 could see us returning to the top 8 as predicted. Time will tell if I still have it

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Flanagan got the job 3 yrs from start of 24. Just need to clear up the contract bits and pieces. So it is reasonable to believe that 25 could see us returning to the top 8 as predicted. Time will tell if I still have it
Where did you get the info?