OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Eric

Staff
Yes agree, this incompetent bunch of Board members have to GO! PETER DOUST is the main instigator of the DEMISE of Stgeorge Dragons. He the one responsible for letting these short fingered Gordon's into our CLUB.
He's an absolute parasite
With his head firmly entrenched in the TROUGH
at the Dragons. Would really like to know who appointed this crook, back on the Board. He goes from working for the club as CEO. Then retiring as CEO, (immediately after the half price deal he gave the Gordon's for 50% of the Club)Only to some how pop up again as Board member.???????
So he robs the club 5.5million dollars. Then gets a position on the Board. How does that work, can anyone on this Forum explain this situation to me????????
I can't. Can only speak for myself.

Reactions: QDF

Eric

Staff
Totally agree with everything you have said do you want a job on the board. Why can't they get the job done. Sign flano now then p off. I see young and hornby still in the mix if they get the job then I'm done with the dragons after 60 years of support
We've been trying to rope him into a coaching position for the last year. Wait until this black comedy is over and see some of his analysis on the actual games.

Reactions: QDF

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes agree, this incompetent bunch of Board members have to GO! PETER DOUST is the main instigator of the DEMISE of Stgeorge Dragons. He the one responsible for letting these short fingered Gordon's into our CLUB.
at the Dragons. Would really like to know who appointed this crook, back on the Board. He goes from working for the club as CEO. Then retiring as CEO, (immediately after the half price deal he gave the Gordon's for 50% of the Club)Only to some how pop up again as Board member.???????
So he robs the club 5.5million dollars. Then gets a position on the Board. How does that work, can anyone on this Forum explain this situation to me????????
This is pure speculation on my part. I don't know anything about the backroom deals that have gone down. I can only guess the other bid (from the basketball team owner) wanted a larger share of the profits going forward so in the long term, the Gordons deal was better.

How Doust continues to hang around is anyone's guess. The master of backroom deals, blackmail and bribes?

QDF

SGI Jersey Flegg
This is pure speculation on my part. I don't know anything about the backroom deals that have gone down. I can only guess the other bid (from the basketball team owner) wanted a larger share of the profits going forward so in the long term, the Gordons deal was better.

How Doust continues to hang around is anyone's guess. The master of backroom deals, blackmail and bribes?
Yes DOUST wanted those
Dickhead Gordon's in power.So he went about securing them their 50% partnership for half the bid from another bidder. Then retired to escape reprisals.
Only turn up on the Board to collect his payment for the shonky deal with the WIN CORPORATION.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yes DOUST wanted those
Dickhead Gordon's in power.So he went about securing them their 50% partnership for half the bid from another bidder. Then retired to escape reprisals.
Only turn up on the Board to collect his payment for the shonky deal with the WIN CORPORATION.
Lets be balanced and fair. Doust is at best extremely incompetent and I'd like to know exactly why the lower bid from the Win Corp won but at this point, there is no evidence in the public domain of shonky deals.

And I'd like to know how and why he went from CEO to board member. It's not normal.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Mate, Doust had a position on the board from the start. Everyone was of the belief that when he was forced to resign as the CEO that would be the end of him. However he never ever relinquished his seat on the board and is extremely influential with the Win side of the merger as you have indicated. Therein lies the crux of the problem with our board once in you need to pass away to lose your seat.

Eric

Staff

Des Hasler not interested in Dragons coaching job​

Shane Flanagan’s chances of landing the Dragons coaching job have been given a significant boost with one of his main rivals for the position ruling himself out.​

Des Hasler has no interest in applying for the vacant St George Illawarra head coaching role, leaving Shane Flanagan as the most-experienced coach available to take over the Dragons. Despite calls by Phil Gould for the Dragons to chase an experienced coach of Hasler’s ilk, the veteran mentor has informed his management not to pursue one of the toughest coaching jobs in the NRL.

Think it was a bit of a per-emptive strike by Des. He wasn't on the radar of the club for some reason. Ryles was a lock, for a reason only the board would be able to explain but won't, and now it's down to 3. Flanagan and the 2 oldest of old boys who are woefully unqualified for the position right now. That probably means one of the two will be appointed.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Des Hasler not interested in Dragons coaching job​

Shane Flanagan’s chances of landing the Dragons coaching job have been given a significant boost with one of his main rivals for the position ruling himself out.​

Des Hasler has no interest in applying for the vacant St George Illawarra head coaching role, leaving Shane Flanagan as the most-experienced coach available to take over the Dragons. Despite calls by Phil Gould for the Dragons to chase an experienced coach of Hasler’s ilk, the veteran mentor has informed his management not to pursue one of the toughest coaching jobs in the NRL.

Think it was a bit of a per-emptive strike by Des. He wasn't on the radar of the club for some reason. Ryles was a lock, for a reason only the board would be able to explain but won't, and now it's down to 3. Flanagan and the 2 oldest of old boys who are woefully unqualified for the position right now. That probably means one of the two will be appointed.
Well that's that. It's gotta be Flanno!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The request was denied and so Griffin was appointed head coach.

Blame an unforgiving NRL for three years of misery under this muppet.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The request was denied and so Griffin was appointed head coach.

Blame an unforgiving NRL for three years of misery under this muppet.
As jodragon40 jodragon40 keeps saying, I had hoped inaccurately but seems not, he's set us up for more than 3 years of failure. I think it'll take the rest of this season, next season and the early part of the following season before this is again a serious team.

emack22

SGI Junior League
Well that's that. It's gotta be Flanno!
There's one constant (elephant in the room) running through our descent into oblivion since Bennet and that is our "old boys school" Board. The mere fact that 1. Ryles knocked us back (which I don't rate him anyways); 2. Hasler is not interested; and Hornby & Young are still on the list shows we have the most inept board currently serving in the NRL. St. George Bank have figured it out after pulling sponsorship (they must have a "commercially oriented" Board) and combined with our previous "Chairman of the Board" endorsing a pedophile on St George Dragons "letterhead" sums up their ineptitude. If we want any hope of rescuing our "TEAM" the Board needs to be held accountable and or sacked for the "phoenix" (our club) to rise from the ashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
There's one constant (elephant in the room) running through our descent into oblivion since Bennet and that is our "old boys school" Board. The mere fact that 1. Ryles knocked us back (which I don't rate him anyways); 2. Hasler is not interested; and Hornby & Young are still on the list shows we have the most inept board currently serving in the NRL. St. George Bank have figured it out after pulling sponsorship (they must have a "commercially oriented" Board) and combined with our previous "Chairman of the Board" endorsing a pedophile on St George Dragons "letterhead" sums up their ineptitude. If we want any hope of rescuing our "TEAM" the Board needs to be held accountable and or sacked for the "phoenix" (our club) to rise from the ashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely true. A board that wasn't hopelessly inept would have kept it polite but firm and say something like: "We have great confidence in both and hope to bring them home one day but this is a job for a much more experienced coach."

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
"We have great confidence in both and hope to bring them home one day but this is a job for a much more experienced coach."
Our inept Board seem to enjoy keeping everyone in the dark, so we have to wait and speculate. Flanno is the best candidate, he wants to coach us, other coaches want him to, he has a record for resurrecting basket case clubs.. it IS A NO BRAINER!!

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I see young and hornby still in the mix if they get the job then I'm done with the dragons after 60 years of support
You wont for the same reason I will never say goodbye to the REDV, that is until I fall off the perch, as they are part of our makeup, over five decades for me. I think our profile names tells it all.

Last edited: