OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Reckon we all knew this as diehard fans.
"Mole says It will be denied all around, but the club told both Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan that 2023 is certain to be Anthony Griffins last year as head coach of the Dragons. Neither youngster likes playing under him and the club is an unhappy work environment at the moment".

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Reckon we all knew this as diehard fans.
"Mole says It will be denied all around, but the club told both Tyrell Sloan and Jayden Sullivan that 2023 is certain to be Anthony Griffins last year as head coach of the Dragons. Neither youngster likes playing under him and the club is an unhappy work environment at the moment".
So why keep him for this year???

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Probably right but what can I say? I'm an optimist! There are still 2 chances for sanity to prevail. Sacked in the next week at the start of pre-season training or sacked during the Xmas-New Year break.
Nah Benny won't have it ......:cry:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
By round 12 next season we will be out of contention for the top 8, depending upon the draw it could be earlier. There is no coming back for the coach . Don't be surprised if our new assistant coach will become a short term caretaker coach next season. Time will tell.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
By round 12 next season we will be out of contention for the top 8, depending upon the draw it could be earlier. There is no coming back for the coach . Don't be surprised if our new assistant coach will become a short term caretaker coach next season. Time will tell.
We should have a thread, 'Jo Dragon's Predictions'. I think the vast majority if not all are accurate.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Nah Benny won't have it ......:cry:

Yep.. agree. Wish I did not.The most likely reason, in my view, Hunt took the extension was the proviso that Griffin saw out his final season. I said the same about him been dumped after a poor start too, so I reckon jodragon we both have that one wrong.. Honestly can you see FO copping added flack over being forced to use a caretaker without having a head coach ready to step in.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep.. agree. Wish I did not.The most likely reason, in my view, Hunt took the extension was the proviso that Griffin saw out his final season. I said the same about him been dumped after a poor start too, so I reckon jodragon we both have that one wrong.. Honestly can you see FO copping added flack over being forced to use a caretaker without having a head coach ready to step in.
They won't have any choice. The outcry will force their hand. I still think he's going to be sacked before next season. Keeping him around without a plan to keep him beyond next year makes no sense.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
They won't have any choice. The outcry will force their hand. I still think he's going to be sacked before next season. Keeping him around without a plan to keep him beyond next year makes no sense.
Exactly what you are saying , how many times have we said the same thing over the last 10 years ,quote " Makes No Sense " , Then what happens is what ever they do makes no sense ...... But I'm like you Hook will go , and have said many times it's all falling into line for Young Jr to come in ....... Also remember back when I shared a post that my son A Sparkie , did some work this year for Mybe and they discussed the coaching issue ...... Mybe told him that Hook won't be around much longer , so I'm holding on to that ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Exactly what you are saying , how many times have we said the same thing over the last 10 years ,quote " Makes No Sense " , Then what happens is what ever they do makes no sense ...... But I'm like you Hook will go , and have said many times it's all falling into line for Young Jr to come in ....... Also remember back when I shared a post that my son A Sparkie , did some work this year for Mybe and they discussed the coaching issue ...... Mybe told him that Hook won't be around much longer , so I'm holding on to that ......
That's promising because I'm pretty sure no other coach will have Mbye around for long. Unless he dramatically improves.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The bottom line is all head coaches had to be given their start at some stage. Deano has done his apprenticeship so why not kick off his career here at his spiritual home. Ok he may be a total failure as some here are saying, yet again he may surprise us and be a good'n, a natural.

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
The bottom line is all head coaches had to be given their start at some stage. Deano has done his apprenticeship so why not kick off his career here at his spiritual home. Ok he may be a total failure as some here are saying, yet again he may surprise us and be a good'n, a natural.
He has to be better , or can't do any worse than the Dinosaur we have now , at least he will have passion ...... I for one don't think it's a good idea , but when you get desperate, you look for hope , and just maybe ......