OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Some of those sin-binnings were really poor on the refs part.
There are other aspects of poor discipline and we used them often. Poor handling, shoddy defense, lazy getting off tackled player or moving back in defense, errors of judgement. Above all poor organization..and we all know whose job that is.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Chris that is pure conjecture. You a fly on the wall at BOD meetings. Ever think that his chairmanship is being compromised by democracy at work- the vote.
Hmmmm no, I'm not a fly on the wall but I know he is supposed to be the Phil Gould style manager of football. i.e.He makes the final decision what's going on with the team but has no input into the commercial side of things.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
There are other aspects of poor discipline and we used them often. Poor handling, shoddy defense, lazy getting off tackled player or moving back in defense, errors of judgement. Above all poor organization..and we all know whose job that is.
We disagree about Craig Head-Knock Young but I agree with this 1000%.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Manly: A bad year when our best player was injured for most it. Unacceptable! Sack the coach.
St George Illawarra:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Flanagan served his ban then was appointed assistant coach to Mary evidently. Then after Mary got the flick and the NRL knocked him back our board appointed Griffin who had been sacked by both the Broncos and the Panthers. Then Flanagan was jettisoned on Griffin's request. Not sure what Flanno's crime was. Anyone else? Only that it was a contrary conduct charge. But given he has served his ban should be free to coach again.
Yep don't know what the go is there , you would think it was the most logical thing to happen , but as I have said before it all seems to be a set-up for Dean Young to take over ...... Good or bad not sure .....

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Yep don't know what the go is there , you would think it was the most logical thing to happen , but as I have said before it all seems to be a set-up for Dean Young to take over ...... Good or bad not sure .....
Bad, I think. May be good after he has served his time as a head coach elsewhere bit not until then.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Bad, I think. May be good after he has served his time as a head coach elsewhere bit not until then.
Maybe Deano would be the one to buck the trend but we all know how it has turned out with ex Dragons players becoming first time head coach at the Dragons. It's so bad that any competent organisation would have ruled it out.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Maybe Deano would be the one to buck the trend but we all know how it has turned out with ex Dragons players becoming first time head coach at the Dragons. It's so bad that any competent organisation would have ruled it out.
Hep but not them .....

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
How about this from left-field? Brian Smith. He's unlikely to lead us to a premiership but has an excellent record in turning struggling teams around.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Yea Nah too long out of the game for me , don't need another Dinosaur we already have one of those ......
Yeah, I see your point but I think he hasn't been out of the game long. He held the role Craig head-knock Young has at the Dragons at Parra. But surely he'd be better than Griffin!

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Bit long in the tooth.. probably has had coaching but if he still wants to take the stress I'd have him in a heartbeat over Griffin. Correct RedV01 RedV01 over his abiity to bring teams back from the dead when he got the Roosters into the 2010 GF after they finished wooden spooners the year before.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
We all know our club is in crisis and does not look to change anytime soon if we keep the same people in the FO. One of the reasons for this mess is the suits inability to secure a future head coach to replace the inept Anthony Griffin whose days are well and truly numbered. This is one of the most pressing items on our clubs agenda going forward. But seems FO cant or wont reach consensus preferring to 'fiddle while Rome burns'. Young and his power broker Doust want the return of Dean Young, while others are probably looking for an outsider. Hello you nongs you have one sitting in your laps, Shane Flanagan who is now on record that he wants to resume coaching. Young, Webb, Haran need to pull out the proverbial fingers pronto as Flanno has been sounded out by that crowd down on the Manly Peninsular.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The saga continues. First it was
  1. 'how terrible' and then,
  2. 'players were on holidays so it's ok'
  3. now it's terrible again.
This is a comedy! I know jodragon40 jodragon40 said it a while ago. At time I wasn't so sure but now I'm sure. Griffin has lost the dressing room. The players can't even stand to be at the same function as Griffin. Except of course Ben Hunt.....