OUR NEXT HEAD COACH

Eric

Staff
He has to be better , or can't do any worse than the Dinosaur we have now , at least he will have passion ...... I for one don't think it's a good idea , but when you get desperate, you look for hope , and just maybe ......
I could be wrong but I think the main problem with Griffin is his people skills, or lack of. The players just hate him! And apparently it was the same at Penrith. He's probably better suited to be a Pathways boss or list management consultant or something like that.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I could be wrong but I think the main problem with Griffin is his people skills, or lack of. The players just hate him! And apparently it was the same at Penrith. He's probably better suited to be a Pathways boss or list management consultant or something like that.
He might be better coaching an over 55s team in a retirement village ...... after his gig here with us I can't see him coaching in the NRL as head coach again ......

Eric

Staff
He might be better coaching an over 55s team in a retirement village ...... after his gig here with us I can't see him coaching in the NRL as head coach again ......
Very much doubt we'll see him as a head coach again. Everyone, including me, thought people at Penrith talking badly of him had an agenda that didn't have much to do with his coaching ability. I was wrong. It's pretty obvious he hasn't just "lost the dressing room" but they can't stand him.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Pathways boss
That also requires people skills. Give him something away from the players.

Reckon he may be closer to a pre season sacking than we all figured as one of our sponsors has come out and pleaded with the club to keep him. Saying "he was not the problem" for the current mess. Must be his best mate or a Qlander as Griffin is the major problem.

Last edited:

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Pre-season training due to start a week from tomorrow. So if the coach isn't sacked in the next week, this club is offically run by losers who don't really care how the NRL team is traveling. It doesn't affect them financially so they are only interested in keeping on what they are doing.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not according to our sponsor

He sponsors several teams. It's 100% a business decision for him. No indication he wants what is best for the club rather than his company. As a matter of fact, judging by his comments, he didn't watch many games last season. With his comments about some juniors "improving out of sight". Most or all of them went backwards last season.

Eric

Staff
He sponsors several teams. It's 100% a business decision for him. No indication he wants what is best for the club rather than his company. As a matter of fact, judging by his comments, he didn't watch many games last season. With his comments about some juniors "improving out of sight". Most or all of them went backwards last season.
The bottom line is, it's as plain as day he's lost the dressing room. JoDragon thinks there is no coming back from that and I think he's right.

But I'm not sure if he's lost the dressing room in the old fashioned way where the players won't put in for him, they seem to really hate him. And Hunt being one of the few who doesn't (hate Griffin) is adding still more disharmony to the team by continuing to very publicly back Griffin.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
The bottom line is, it's as plain as day he's lost the dressing room. JoDragon thinks there is no coming back from that and I think he's right.

But I'm not sure if he's lost the dressing room in the old fashioned way where the players won't put in for him, they seem to really hate him. And Hunt being one of the few who doesn't (hate Griffin) is adding still more disharmony to the team by continuing to very publicly back Griffin.
Everyone is just waiting..... When Bennett signed, it came out of the blue as far as alI remember. There wasn't even a rumour Brown was going to be sacked.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup

And as for Hunt, no matter what one thinks of him as a player and how much longer he can maintain a high standard (if you feel he is high standard), after 5 years of failure, or total failure, it's so typical of this front office to not cut losses and move on but double down on it.

I hate the Rorters but does anyone think this kind of failure would be accepted without big names moving on there?

Last edited:

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
And as for Hunt, no matter what one thinks of him as a player and how much longer he can maintain a high standard (if you feel he is high standard), after 5 years of failure, or total failure, it's so typical of this front office to not cut losses and move on but double down on it.

I hate the Rorters but does anyone think this kind of failure would be accepted without big names moving on there?
Like I said before , Hunt in my mind had a breakout year , can he produce the same next year ? I have my doubts , and if he doesn't then he will be put under a lot of pressure to produce ...... He is a confidence player , so if things don't go to plan for him and he start's getting bagged by supporter , and confidence drops , well you all know the rest ..... But again I don't blame him it's the wankers that gave him big money again for one good season ......

Last edited:

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

No surprise here but what credentials does his replacement, Lancaster have?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
T

That is the difference at the moment between our club and the successful clubs, one is a business venture the others are Professional Football clubs. No prizes for guessing which we are.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
True
True, but sponsors are placated by our club.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bee

Been there done that albeit at a lower level. Human nature dictates something has to give, let's see if the lads put in for Griffin in the first 6 rounds. Actions have always spoken louder than words.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Like I said before , Hunt in my mind had a breakout year , can he produce the same next year ? I have my doubts , and if he doesn't then he will be put under a lot of pressure to produce ...... He is a confidence player , so if things don't go to plan for him and he start's getting bagged by supporter , and confidence drops , well you all know the rest ..... But again I don't blame him it's the wankers that gave him big money again for one good season ......
I've been over this 1000 times so let me say sorry if I've said this to you before.

I don't think Hunt was nearly as good this year as he was given credit for. In my mind a very highly paid captain and main playmaker should have the team playing well. Especially in the first half of the season, I was very critical of him trying to do too much himself to what I felt was the detriment of the team. And it was in the first half of the season the commentators were raving about him and he skipped out to a big lead in the Dally Ms. In the second half of the season, where he obviously got far fewer Dally M points, I thought he was better.