jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I am for this. It is a trial so a loss wont affect points. Having a half and half will show our assistant coaches exactly what the gulf is between our regulars and our juniors. The latter may surprise as there certainly is some talent among them.
I disagree we have new players, players who need to understand our playing style our attacking and defensive structures and they have to be afforded the opportunity to create combinations. This is the only game left that this can happen you cannot in my view allocated 40 min of football to achieve this, in fact it will most likely take a season. Also dependant on where our new players have come from you have to change their mindset especially if they have come a losing culture.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I disagree we have new players, players who need to understand our playing style our attacking and defensive structures and they have to be afforded the opportunity to create combinations. This is the only game left that this can happen you cannot in my view allocated 40 min of football to achieve this, in fact it will most likely take a season. Also dependant on where our new players have come from you have to change their mindset especially if they have come a losing culture.
Do we have a lot of new players? Macca and Sims are gone but spent a lot of last season injured or suspended. Sloan and Sullivan will likely be regulars but have been around the first grade team for a while.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
We tried that Jo, the infamous BBQ and lost one of our best props and copped unwarranted flack for months after, which must have been a big hit to our morale and form. IT is the people running this once great club that are the ones creating the worst culture.
Still copping flack for it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Perhaps you guys that bagged Albert mercilessly will now be wishing he had stayed. At least he bled red and white. We also need a coach that does the same.
Let's wait and give this new guy a chance. He didn't rule out changing the name to just St. George which is positive.

Albert is a club legend but did a poor job as chairman.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Do we have a lot of new players? Macca and Sims are gone but spent a lot of last season injured or suspended. Sloan and Sullivan will likely be regulars but have been around the first grade team for a while.
New players equals the new signings that will be part of our top 17 so yes 4 new players that's a quarter of the starting 17 if they make it. Murdoch - Masila, Liddle, Lui- Tosa, Musgrave. One way or another these 4 need time. I'd expect all 4 will feature at some stage knowing the way our current coach thinks.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
New players equals the new signings that will be part of our top 17 so yes 4 new players that's a quarter of the starting 17 if they make it. Murdoch - Masila, Liddle, Lui- Tosa, Musgrave. One way or another these 4 need time. I'd expect all 4 will feature at some stage knowing the way our current coach thinks.
You think Murdoch - Masila, Liddle, Lui - Tosa and Musgrave will all be part of the 17 on a regular basis? If so, wooden spoon heading our way.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
You think Murdoch - Masila, Liddle, Lui - Tosa and Musgrave will all be part of the 17 on a regular basis? If so, wooden spoon heading our way.
I'm just thinking the way this coach thinks, depth signings to me means our youngsters wait another season. Time will tell but I'm pretty sure at least 3 will be in the 17.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just thinking the way this coach thinks, depth signings to me means our youngsters wait another season. Time will tell but I'm pretty sure at least 3 will be in the 17.
I think you're right. Hope you're wrong. I simply can't fathom how Liddle is ahead of Mulheisen.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
But anyway, I'm choosing to be optimistic if and until the first game makes that impossible.
I'm just being realistic after analysing what has happened off season our new depth signings and the continual head in the sand attitude of our senior management

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
80min at 5/8 for an out and out hooker. While Liddle was stinking it up. I thought he did an admirable job.
It was like some kind of sick joke. Like the coach wanted the team to lose and Connor to struggle.

Last year I remember reading a comment that maybe Sloan ran over the coaches dog. Maybe Mulheisen took out his cat.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
What I want to see for the Charity Shield
  • Shereb to start and play at least 40min uninterrupted. Hopefully more than 40. And if he doesn't go looking for the ball and doesn't go looking for defensive work, Ben Hunt needs to give him an almighty baking on the field, for the whole world to see.

• Mulheisen and Finau are the hookers. Why bother with Liddle? We know what he's like in first grade. Very average at best! Why not give talented younger players a chance?

• Not sure about the backline. Obviously Sloan at fullback but need at least one more speedy winger or centre. Give Lobb another chance and rest Rava.

• Lawrie can have a rest. Coric, Musgrove, Murdoch - Massila, J. Hunt, Woods are in for a shootout to see which 3 start the year in first grade. F. Molo will be added to the contest after round 3.

• Both Couchmans to again be given more than a few minutes. Hard to give them at least 40 with the first and the 4th but at least 20~30, more if possible.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What I want to see for the Charity Shield
  • Shereb to start and play at least 40min uninterrupted. Hopefully more than 40. And if he doesn't go looking for the ball and doesn't go looking for defensive work, Ben Hunt needs to give him an almighty baking on the field, for the whole world to see.

• Mulheisen and Finau are the hookers. Why bother with Liddle? We know what he's like in first grade. Very average at best! Why not give talented younger players a chance?

• Not sure about the backline. Obviously Sloan at fullback but need at least one more speedy winger or centre. Give Lobb another chance and rest Rava.

• Lawrie can have a rest. Coric, Musgrove, Murdoch - Massila, J. Hunt, Woods are in for a shootout to see which 3 start the year in first grade. F. Molo will be added to the contest after round 3.

• Both Couchmans to again be given more than a few minutes. Hard to give them at least 40 with the first and the 4th but at least 20~30, more if possible.
Good idea but wishful thinking.