Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
That was interesting. I thought Zac and Ben Hunt were at odds. Because Ben Hunt was the chairman of the Griffin faction and Zac certainly wasn't in the club.

He wants to play 5/8. Would stiffin the defence up in the middle a lot. Has an excellent passing game. No idea about kicking in general play. But still missing a playmaker! Ben Hunt is a running halfback. 2 running halves might not be a great idea.
I thought the part about Ben Hunt copping it if the team starts next year poorly was interesting. I won't blame Hunt at all. I'll blame Flanno for not sending him on his way already.

Also, Jammer floated the idea of Lomax playing in the forwards. I wouldn't rule that out. Maybe not next year but from 2025.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff
Also, Jammer floated the idea of Lomax playing in the forwards. I wouldn't rule that out. Maybe not next year but from 2025.
I think he just threw it out there without giving it serious consideration. Zac might make such a move in the last 2 or 3 years of his career. Just my views.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Is Flanno serious about luring Joey Manu from the Chooks. Back in August Manu denied he was coming to the Dragons and added he wont be going on the market. Well he has gone on the market so has he changed his mind about becoming a Dragon too. Perhaps a mooted 5m offer over four years will entice the big part Maori play maker to leave the chooks. The ace up Flannos sleeve may just be to offer him full back, apparently a position he has not played before in the NRL, but wants to.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Is Flanno serious about luring Joey Manu from the Chooks. Back in August Manu denied was coming to the Dragons and added he wont be going on the market. Well the latter he he has now done so what about the former, has he changed his mind about becoming a Dragon. Perhaps a mooted 5m offer over four years will entice the big part Maori play maker to leave the chooks. Apparently the offer too is for Manu to play full back, a position he has not played before in the NRL, but wants to.
So Sloan is definitely on the outer if that's the case.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So Sloan is definitely on the outer if that's the case.
I dont think so, yes at full back, but he has the skill, speed and hopefully the bulk after regular gym sessions to play elsewhere in our backline. I still maintain that with extra size and defense capability he'd slip into 5/8 seamlessly.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno is starting to worry me. The priority has to be a 5/8 unless he wants his son to play 5/8. If that's the plan. he had better improve dramatically. The right thing to do is for Flanno to explain he isn't going to make it in the NRL and he needs to start thinking about a regular job.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno is starting to worry me. The priority has to be a 5/8 unless he wants his son to play 5/8. If that's the plan. he had better improve dramatically. The right thing to do is for Flanno to explain he isn't going to make it in the NRL and he needs to start thinking about a regular job.
Analysis = true.

5/8 has to be a priority and Flanno needs to do as he said he was going to do and toughen Sloan up.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
The priority has to be a 5/8
Cowboy Tom Dearden is a Dragon target, plays 5/8 and 1/2 . Old footage shows he is more a runner than an organiser. Like to see some of him in action for the Cowboys. Footy scribes calling him a play maker so he must have improved his skills since that early footage. So if he can now orchestrate plays as well as finish em we should throw decent money at him..

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Analysis = true.

5/8 has to be a priority and Flanno needs to do as he said he was going to do and toughen Sloan up.
He'll do what he can given Sloan will be off his feet for a couple of months well after Zac and the boys return for new season training. Being incapacitated from waist down wont stop him hitting the gym and pumping some iron tho to put heaps more muscle on his skinny bod. Or having psychology sessions to work on adding hunger to his game.

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
He'll do what he can given Sloan will be off his feet for a couple of months during the off season. Wont stop him hitting the gym and pumping some iron tho to put some more muscle on his skinny bod. Or having psychology sessions to work on the attitude he needs to improve his defensive capability. Once he can walk comfortably again he then has to hit the tackle bags.
He'll be off his feet until Xmas break.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Cowboy Tom Dearden is a Dragon target, plays 5/8 and 1/2 . Old footage shows he is more a runner than an organiser. Like to see some of him in action for the Cowboys. Footy scribes calling him a play maker so he must have improved his skills since that early footage. So if he can now orchestrate plays as well as finish em we should throw decent money at him..
Should be a priority. Unless the club can afford both. If they let Ben Hunt go, that's possible.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Unless the club can afford both.
You mean Dearden and Manu. Hearing 1.2m Manu, not sure Dearden but we will have to pay overs what the Cowboys are offering him. Says he loves playing up in Nth Qld, so we will need to do the big sell for him to relocate to Sydney.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Once he can walk comfortably again he can hit the tackle bags then probably Flanno will give him his promised boxing/wrestling sessions too. The poor guy will be exhausted but hopefully bigger and fitter come season start.
Sloan has been really bad far more often than really good but no question at all he has a shit-load of talent. It's Flanno's job to bring that talent to fruition on the field not sabotage the team in order to make a spot for his son.