Recruitment and Retention for 2024

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno has been talking a lot. I wonder who he is going to target. My guess is Manu to play fullback on 1.1 mil a year for 5 years.
I reckon it'll be Luai.
Luai excels with a good, game managing halfback.

Manu excels in a few positions and makes it happen all by himself.

But the position Luai excels in but Manu doesn't is the position we are really weak in.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

BULLDOGS’ NEWEST RECRUITMENT DRIVE.

Warriors Josh Curran is set to leave the New Zealand-based club after being given permission to negotiate with other teams.

Now a potential suitor has firmed, with reporting he sat down for a meeting with the Bulldogs on Saturday.

The 24-year-old has a contract with the Warriors until the end of next season but could fall victim to the club’s salary cap pressures.

If he is able to find another club, Curran will be free to walk and could join a host of recruits landing in Belmore.

He mostly started off the bench for the Warriors, averaging 45 minutes a game. He recorded 52 metres and over 21 tackles per game.

Ciraldo is reportedly a fan of Curran, who has the ability to play in multiple positions in the forward pack.

I can only guess Flanno is happy with the backrowers at the club now.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Warriors Josh Curran is set to leave the New Zealand-based club after being given permission to negotiate with other teams.

Now a potential suitor has firmed, with reporting he sat down for a meeting with the Bulldogs on Saturday.

The 24-year-old has a contract with the Warriors until the end of next season but could fall victim to the club’s salary cap pressures.

If he is able to find another club, Curran will be free to walk and could join a host of recruits landing in Belmore.

He mostly started off the bench for the Warriors, averaging 45 minutes a game. He recorded 52 metres and over 21 tackles per game.

Ciraldo is reportedly a fan of Curran, who has the ability to play in multiple positions in the forward pack.

We are still in the picture

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg

Like who? Word I hear is that our only decent second rower Sua wants out ASAP.
We are still in the picture
Hope so.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I wonder why the Dragons are seemingly one of the few clubs which has no interest in the ESL.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
From SMH
The Bulldogs continue to be aggressive in the transfer market, with Warriors forward Curran set to make an immediate switch to Belmore.

Curran, who had been given permission to test the market despite having another year left on his Warriors deal, has agreed to terms with Canterbury.

He also spoke to the Dragons but told the club on Tuesday night that he would not be taking the offer.

Close but not close enough, even with Flano as coach we are not an attractive destination.

Eric

Staff
From SMH
The Bulldogs continue to be aggressive in the transfer market, with Warriors forward Curran set to make an immediate switch to Belmore.

Curran, who had been given permission to test the market despite having another year left on his Warriors deal, has agreed to terms with Canterbury.

He also spoke to the Dragons but told the club on Tuesday night that he would not be taking the offer.

Close but not close enough, even with Flano as coach we are not an attractive destination.
Logical outcome of a club whose captain can't stop running around bagging the club and telling everyone how much he wants out?

Having said that, how is that the Bullgrubs aren't under very serious salary cap pressure?

Last edited:

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Logical outcome of a club whose captain can't stop running around bagging the club and telling everyone how much he wants out?

Having said that, how is that the Bullgrubs aren't under very serious salary cap pressure?
Might be able to sign Angus Crighton and get him to just ship a year early.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
From SMH

I just hope it was mostly to do with money. Decent player Curran but worth paying overs for?

Eric

Staff
Throw 900k for 5 years at him including next year!
I didn't really rate him until a couple of years ago I was happy casuse Munster was ruled out of Origin 3 and Deardon called in to replace him.

I was happy cause I thought NSW would definitely win.

Deardon had a blinder and QLD won🤬.

Could turn out to be a 10 year player. He's only 22! I love the way he digs right into the line before passing.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I didn't really rate him until a couple of years ago I was happy casuse Munster was ruled out of Origin 3 and Deardon called in to replace him.

I was happy cause I thought NSW would definitely win.

Deardon had a blinder and QLD won🤬.

Could turn out to be a 10 year player. He's only 22! I love the way he digs right into the line before passing.
10 year deals are all the rage these days. Might be able to do one of them but he's not proven himself to be that good yet, has he?

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
10 year deals are all the rage these days. Might be able to do one of them but he's not proven himself to be that good yet, has he?
Killed ot in 2021. Not so much last year. Maybe that was more about his old Shonkie halfback rediscovering his Shonkies form.

Red T

SGI Jersey Flegg
There are a lot of players who can negotiate from November, but who is available next season ? If Kyle is going to start there is not much competition for five-eight which is not good. But Kyle might improve under his father. He was a good player at the Rorters….What about Kurt Mann ? Bring him back..,. Also see if Dufty wants to return.

Eric

Staff
There are a lot of players who can negotiate from November, but who is available next season ? If Kyle is going to start there is not much competition for five-eight which is not good. But Kyle might improve under his father. He was a good player at the Rorters….What about Kurt Mann ? Bring him back..,. Also see if Dufty wants to return.
Hope you're right but from what I've seen of Kyle, not confident.

I know he has problems with defence but hello Tyrell Sloan! Why isn't Zach Herring being considered? Wasn't he on a development contract last season?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Roosters dropped him to reserve grade then shipped him off to the Dogs, paying a large part of his salary.

He might surprise a lot of us but I doubt it.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Roosters dropped him to reserve grade then shipped him off to the Dogs, paying a large part of his salary.

He might surprise a lot of us but I doubt it.
I know the Dogs, struggling almost as much as the Dragons, were happy to see the back of him.