Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I just wanted to say, I wish I was a Roosters supporter. One of the 2 dozen or so. They failed to get Crighton off the books but they can extend Wong anyway. But not upgrade at all for next year. He's on 125k next year and then 850k from 2025. Every other club has to upgrade young players immediately. They can't have him wait around for a another year on a minimum wage.

Does any really believe the Roosters are only paying him 125k for next year?

Eric

Staff
I just wanted to say, I wish I was a Roosters supporter. One of the 2 dozen or so. They failed to get Crighton off the books but they can extend Wong anyway. But not upgrade at all for next year. He's on 125k next year and then 850k from 2025. Every other club has to upgrade young players immediately. They can't have him wait around for a another year on a minimum wage.

Does any really believe the Roosters are only paying him 125k for next year?
They've already turned the salary cap into a farce and there's no reverse gear.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
They've already turned the salary cap into a farce and there's no reverse gear.
Analysis = true

If they get caught, they are in it deep so why stop? If they stop they will quickly become a money-losing basketcase. The only option is to push on as they are doing.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Analysis = true

If they get caught, they are in it deep so why stop? If they stop they will quickly become a money-losing basketcase. The only option is to push on as they are doing.
A conspiracy theory would be that the NRL turns a blind-eye to their cheating because they can't possibly compete on a level playing field but the NRL wants the money Politis and other board members have.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno targeting Tom Dearden I'm hearing but not as a swap for Hunt as he and the coach are having a similar bromance as he had with Griffin, even helping with the recruitment. Bluddy heck.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
One of our best. Love the blokes passion how he was "honored to captain and play for the Dragons".
Wish he could go around one more year for us but if the time has come, it has come. Wouldn't want him ruining his legacy.
Flanno targeting Tom Dearden I'm hearing but not as a swap for Hunt as he and the coach are having a similar bromance as he had with Griffin, even helping with the recruitment. Bluddy heck.
Hunt is massively overrated but if reports are true about him being on about 800k for the next two years, it's not bad. That's what average halfbacks make these days. If he can STFU and concentrate on his game, it might turn out ok.

Eric

Staff
Lomax talking to James Graham, worth a listen

That was interesting. I thought Zac and Ben Hunt were at odds. Because Ben Hunt was the chairman of the Griffin faction and Zac certainly wasn't in the club.

He wants to play 5/8. Would stiffin the defence up in the middle a lot. Has an excellent passing game. No idea about kicking in general play. But still missing a playmaker! Ben Hunt is a running halfback. 2 running halves might not be a great idea.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
That was interesting. I thought Zac and Ben Hunt were at odds. Because Ben Hunt was the chairman of the Griffin faction and Zac certainly wasn't in the club.

He wants to play 5/8. Would stiffin the defence up in the middle a lot. Has an excellent passing game. No idea about kicking in general play. But still missing a playmaker! Ben Hunt is a running halfback. 2 running halves might not be a great idea.
Was interesting. Long but interesting.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Hunt is massively overrated but if reports are true about him being on about 800k for the next two years, it's not bad. That's what average halfbacks make these days. If he can STFU and concentrate on his game, it might turn out ok.
Signed around 900k with a rachet clause that will see him around a Mil next year and 1.1 in 25 if he is still with us.
Chimes really played the club on this one.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Signed around 900k with a rachet clause that will see him around a Mil next year and 1.1 in 25 if he is still with us.
Chimes really played the club on this one.
Did his form this past year deserve even half that? I don't think so and he's not getting younger. Why wouldn't the club have jumped at the chance to send him on hid way? Without a BBQ set.