Recruitment and Retention for 2024

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm all for optimism. Make up for my pessimism. But I don't think Flanangan is ever going to close to as good in the halves as Liddle is at hooker.

Tigers spent big money on Korasau. So Liddle was no longer needed. Bulldogs are still in a hole regarding their halves but Flanagan was still dropped and then used as a backup hooker in the NSW Cup.
The kid will try especially playing under his Dad but in my view according to his stat's it won't be good enough

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If missing out on AFB allows us to sign those 2 young Cowboys forwards, I'll consider it a huge win for the Dragons. Dearden is another story. Apples and Oranges.
Seriously? Have you been drinking? Had restless nights sleep? In my view based on his stat's ADF is exactly what we needed. He is ranked more highly than Haas. Last season was ranked 2nd in most metres run only behind Dylan Edwards. He hits the ball up on avg 17 times a game, ranked 3rd in the league again behind 2 backs, Edwards and Nicoll- Klokstad. He was vital in leading our resurgence in 2025, he chose the Sharks quite simply for 1 reason they have a much better chance at winning another premiership than we do.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
No one listens to me. Adam Douhi is the answer at 5/8. And then maybe Flanno at half. Just don't tell him he has to run. At least not much. It's not his game. He has to organise, kick and take the ball deep into the line before passing. Only run when it opens up for him to do that.
I listen to you. Problem with your theory is Hunt isnt going anywhere in 2024. So if we were to reach out to Doueihi it would be to replace Flanagans boy. Plus Doueihi comes from a club that has managed to win the dreaded wooden spoon in the last few years.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I love getting told off by Jo Dragon.
Seriously? Have you been drinking? Had restless nights sleep? In my view based on his stat's ADF is exactly what we needed. He is ranked more highly than Haas. Last season was ranked 2nd in most metres run only behind Dylan Edwards. He hits the ball up on avg 17 times a game, ranked 3rd in the league again behind 2 backs, Edwards and Nicoll- Klokstad. He was vital in leading our resurgence in 2025, he chose the Sharks quite simply for 1 reason they have a much better chance at winning another premiership than we do.
I agree but he'll be 29 before he plays his first game for the Sharks. Turning 30 that year. His best days will probably be behind him. I know that often isn't the case but for someone big, a little fat, relies on power and stamina, I think by the time he plays his first game for the Sharks, his best days will already be behind him.

The two Cowboys forwards are 19 and 22 respectively.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I love getting told off by Jo Dragon.

I agree but he'll be 29 before he plays his first game for the Sharks. Turning 30 that year. His best days will probably be behind him. I know that often isn't the case but for someone big, a little fat, relies on power and stamina, I think by the time he plays his first game for the Sharks, his best days will already be behind him.

The two Cowboys forwards are 19 and 22 respectively.
Age is a number. Let's see who is right. I'm quietly confident

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
I listen to you. Problem with your theory is Hunt isnt going anywhere in 2024. So if we were to reach out to Doueihi it would be to replace Flanagans boy. Plus Doueihi comes from a club that has managed to win the dreaded wooden spoon in the last few years.
At least there's one.

I mean, they recruited Sullivan and it seems Luai is heading for an early release.

So Douhi, who I rate as a 5/8 will be available. He's out injured for the first several weeks so gives Flanno time to give Flanno a chance.

Tigers had him playing all over. I think he's a 5/8 or nothing.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
At least there's one.

I mean, they recruited Sullivan and it seems Luai is heading for an early release.

So Douhi, who I rate as a 5/8 will be available. He's out injured for the first several weeks so gives Flanno time to give Flanno a chance.

Tigers had him playing all over. I think he's a 5/8 or nothing.
You know, and its just my experience, half the battle is physical the other mental. When players become accustomed to losing like us and the Tigers and Bulldogs, it's extremely difficult to shake out that mindset. I never in my limited coaching career looked at players coming from perennial cellar dwellers unless they showed outstanding skill and personal determination. I wouldn't take Doueihi simply for those reasons, which is also the one of the reasons we won't be playing semi finals football again this season

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Ok dont rub it in on what we missed.
If we are smart Jacob Halangahu could be another AFB. The kid, 18, is built like a mini incredible hulk with thighs like tree stumps. Will depend on his desire and determination above all else.