Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Surely we can find a better stop stop gap than him. Besides he has made it clear to his buddy Flanagan that he wants to play centre. God help us if he gets his wish. Off the bench or Ressies.
Agree but Flanno will be play him there if there is no one else ....... What about might sound crazy and I know it want happen , big and strong 5/8 Lomax ....... That way it keeps Sloan at fullback .......

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Agree but Flanno will be play him there if there is no one else ....... What about might sound crazy and I know it want happen , big and strong 5/8 Lomax .......
You are not the only one to mention this. Zac rarely steps into a receiver position when he goes inside for the ball, usually takes a run. Dont think organizing comes all that naturally too him, not like his sometimes freakish off loads to an unmarked Rava. Centre or full back for mine.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Agree but Flanno will be play him there if there is no one else ....... What about might sound crazy and I know it want happen , big and strong 5/8 Lomax ....... That way it keeps Sloan at fullback .......
I remember someone mention that almost a year ago. Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler both started out as centres. I think Flanno ruled it out because he wants more than anything to give Kyle a chance first.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
You are not the only one to mention this. Zac rarely steps into a receiver position when he goes inside for the ball, usually takes a run. Dont think organizing comes all that naturally too him, not like his sometimes freakish off loads to an unmarked Rava. Centre or full back for mine.
If we could get a good organising halves partner for him, I think it would work. Doesn't even have to be a really good halfback. See Chad Townsend at the Cowboys. His running game is non-existent but he compliments their edge backrowers and outside backs who have outstanding running games.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sloan is still a work in progress at the back. If as Flanagan has mentioned switching him with Zac, for defensive purposes I am thinking until the kid strengthens his body and his tackling technique. Or does his interpretation of switching actually mean during a game.
For me it would be in game time , As for Lomax at 5/8 the way we play not much speed in the team close to the line 30 m out I say he would go ok with time ......

Eric

Staff
They make it all about Hunt again!
Bloody sickening aint it. Shame we didnt miss him six years ago.
I'm not in the business of defending Hunt. I didn't want him re-signed about this time last year. But the fact the media keeps making it all about Hunt isn't Hunt's fault. They are not quoting him. Only speculating.

Eric

Staff
For me it would be in game time , As for Lomax at 5/8 the way we play not much speed in the team close to the line 30 m out I say he would go ok with time ......
On the subject of lack of speed in the backs, it was about 2 weeks ago news that we were "close" to re-signing Suli surfaced. But since, nothing at all. I rate him as a player but not in a backline already plagued by its lack of speed.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
No one listens to me. Adam Douhi is the answer at 5/8. And then maybe Flanno at half. Just don't tell him he has to run. At least not much. It's not his game. He has to organise, kick and take the ball deep into the line before passing. Only run when it opens up for him to do that.
Heard it from me first. Penriff to let Luai go provided Douhi goes the other way for next season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Shane Millard is newly installed into his role as recruitment and pathways manager and aint wasting any time as he already has his eye set on building a Dragons Academy in New Zealand, which will be run by club legend Jason Nightingale.
👏 👍

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
On the subject of lack of speed in the backs, it was about 2 weeks ago news that we were "close" to re-signing Suli surfaced. But since, nothing at all. I rate him as a player but not in a backline already plagued by its lack of speed.
Yes we have extended him by three years I read. Betting tho Flanagan wont put him in the pack.