Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Volkman came from a rugby yawnion background before being signed by the Roosters to play for their juniors, their feeder club North Sydney then Roosters '22 pre season where he was touted as one of the players to watch. Problem was he found himself in a queue behind play makers Luke Keary, Sam Walker, Drew Hutchinson and Lachlan Lam and was offloaded to the Warriors. Only played three top games last year but early days as he is only 21. Sure our support staff can do something with him.

Last edited:

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Volkman came from a rugby yawnion background before being signed by the Roosters to play for their juniors, their feeder club North Sydney then Roosters '22 pre season where he was touted as one of the players to watch. Problem was he found himself in a queue behind play makers Luke Keary, Sam Walker, Drew Hutchinson and Lachlan Lam and was offloaded to the Warriors. Only played three top games last year but early days as he is only 21. Sure our support staff can do something with him.
The good news is I guess it means the club isn't going to sack Amone. Wouldn't want an AFB-like situation to emerge in 8 years.

Eric

Staff
I think we can already conclude that there won't be any big, or "marquee" signings this year. Manu is the last one but it seems the Rorters are coming up with a novel way to pay him an extra mil. I don't wish anyone serious injury but if he did his ACL while playing Rugby Yawnion in Japan, it would be justice as far as the salary cap is concerned.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I think we can already conclude that there won't be any big, or "marquee" signings this year. Manu is the last one but it seems the Rorters are coming up with a novel way to pay him an extra mil. I don't wish anyone serious injury but if he did his ACL while playing Rugby Yawnion in Japan, it would be justice as far as the salary cap is concerned.
Let's face it , our lot are asleep , in a coma , all the top clubs are rorting the system ...... We either play the honest game or we follow them ...... If the honest type we will never reach any heights ....... Just my take on it .......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Let's face it , our lot are asleep , in a coma , all the top clubs are rorting the system ...... We either play the honest game or we follow them ...... If the honest type we will never reach any heights ....... Just my take on it .......
💯
Flanno isn't shy about gaming the system. They were over the cap the season they won. They were apparently compliant on GF day. Shouldn't matter at all.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Oh Yeah Yep GIF by ION

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
The Tigers are going to have:
  • Luai
  • Sullivan
  • Douhi
  • Latu Fainu (highly regarded young halfback from Manly whose path was blocked by DCE)
All on huge or decent money next year. They also have a very highly regarded young Australian Schoolboys 5/8 who will be pushing for first grade at least next year if not this year.

If Kyle doesn't go well, it would be hilarious if we could take back Sullivan with Tigers paying part of his contract.

But then again, Amone will be back next year so maybe it doesn't matter. I wonder what Flanno plans to do with him.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Seems the Dragons are pretty much the only team not making moves in the player market. Weird. I guess we got a few of those NSW and QLD Cup players and that's enough.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
  • Luai
  • Sullivan
  • Douhi
  • Latu Fainu (highly regarded young halfback from Manly whose path was blocked by DCE)
All on huge or decent money next year. They also have a very highly regarded young Australian Schoolboys 5/8 who will be pushing for first grade at least next year if not this year.

If Kyle doesn't go well, it would be hilarious if we could take back Sullivan with Tigers paying part of his contract.

But then again, Amone will be back next year so maybe it doesn't matter. I wonder what Flanno plans to do with him.
Apparently Douhi isn't going to back from injury until the second half of the season. Too bad. Could have been a handy pick-up if the Tigers were willing to let him. Unlikely until next year.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Apparently Douhi isn't going to back from injury until the second half of the season. Too bad. Could have been a handy pick-up if the Tigers were willing to let him. Unlikely until next year.
Clearly the Tigers don't rate him as a 5/8. I can't understand that but I haven't watched too much of the Tigers play.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
  • Luai
  • Sullivan
  • Douhi

A lot would have to change for Bud to come back.
Latu is an extremely talented kid but if you were putting money on a kid to f*ck up off field he would be top of the list.
His brother is in jail for a stabbing, his other brother who Tigers signed has recently been done driving unlicensed for the third tme and to top it off he is also Junior’s cousin.
What makes you think Junior will be back next year....

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
A lot would have to change for Bud to come back.
Latu is an extremely talented kid but if you were putting money on a kid to **** up off field he would be top of the list.
His brother is in jail for a stabbing, his other brother who Tigers signed has recently been done driving unlicensed for the third tme and to top it off he is also Junior’s cousin.
What makes you think Junior will be back next year....
They can't rub him out for more than a year, can they? Blokes have actually done time and been allowed back after getting out.