Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
  • Kyle Flanagan
  • Jack Bird
  • Zac Lomax
  • Paul Turner
Possibly only Flanagan. I'd have Bird nowhere near a play making role. MY smokie amd a guy I have often said is made for a game management role remains Tyrell Sloan. With an improved defense attitude and a bulkier frame I can see him doing a better job that his former '3 amigo' buddy Junior Amone. He will be our best since Widdop, as both have similar vision and you dont teach that.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Anyone read the New Corp piece about the Flanagan vision for the Dragons. Sorry pal but you sound far more optimistic than I am for the next two years. He has not convinced Hunt to stay beyond '24 which I congratulate as after another mildly improved but still a fail another final season the sook will again want out. He signaled out Lomax as a player he wants to see return to his best, probably means his first couple of years after U20s. Says he wants him doing more, looking for the ball, being ready to run onto the leather before he gets it. No mention of the dreadful service he has to put up with from our so called team leader and prime play maker. Zac would be a superstar if he played in a team with a strong pack and clever ball playing halves. As for Sloan. ''You can’t coach his talent''. Also dont expect Tamale or Finau to play much top grade any time soon.

Last edited:

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
MC: How important has it been to reconnect to the St George region?
SF:
It’s so important. The people in the area that I get around to want the team back in the area. And the boys want to be here too. They enjoy training and playing at Kogarah. We’ve trained at Rockdale and went for a swim at Brighton. That’s in our community. We will do a lot more school visits. We want to expose it more to the boys because a lot of them have lived on the south coast and come into grade and think they the St George Illawarra Dragons are just in Wollongong but we are a big club. I need to expose them to all that.

This is about the best thing I have enjoyed from our new coach, his desire to re connect to this great clubs roots.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg

26. Not a young player just waiting for his chance. Oh well, maybe he'll be ok for a season or 2.
There have been many instances of mid 20s players getting a chance in first grade and at least holding their own if not killing it.

Eric

Staff
Raiders won't release Zac Woolford to come across even though he's their 3rd string hooker behind Levi and Starling..
Is there no one else other than Raiders No.3? When their No.1 and No.2 are hardly superstars. How depressing.
I don't know why they don't rate Connor Muhleisen. He's neer going to be a superstar but isn't that bad either. Strikes me as being better than Canberra's third choice hooker. He tackles well, has good passing out of dummy half. Not much of a threat running from dummy half but is Zac Woolford?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know why they don't rate Connor Muhleisen. He's neer going to be a superstar but isn't that bad either. Strikes me as being better than Canberra's third choice hooker. He tackles well, has good passing out of dummy half. Not much of a threat running from dummy half but is Zac Woolford?
Strange. Sometimes I worry it's all about Flanno trying to keep a spot safe for his son. Surely he can't be that unprofessional but is there another explanation?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Just give Connor a chance FFS. Last year when he got a chance, he was far from the worst.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
I’d be going after Soni Luke from Penrith.
Good player. So Penrith won't let him go easily.
Has it been confirmed Dragons wanted Woolford? Because I can't understand why that would be.