Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
Wonder if we release Paul Turner consider the lack of depth in halves/fullback.

I would be keeping an eye on Toby Sexton who has been overlooked for the bulldogs. He's a good organising halfback with a bit of potential imo.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Wonder if we release Paul Turner consider the lack of depth in halves/fullback.

I would be keeping an eye on Toby Sexton who has been overlooked for the bulldogs. He's a good organising halfback with a bit of potential imo.
There were big wraps on Sexton in Gold Coast a few years ago. Never kicked on. Om fact, regressed. With the right coaching and behind a good forward pack, he might go ok. i.e. he won't be much good at the Dogs this year. Poor forward pack, good assistant coach.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
What are you doing flanno just tell our best player he's no good stick him on the wing then sell him off. Come on mate gŕrrrr
I don't know if this is true, just throwing it out there. What if Flanno is pushing Lomax out on purpose because he sees Tamale and Hayden Buchananas the long term centres? That would make sense.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I don't know if this is true, just throwing it out there. What if Flanno is pushing Lomax out on purpose because he sees Tamale and Hayden Buchananas the long term centres? That would make sense.
Suli was resigned only last year, wasn't he?

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
From my own perspective I can't work the move out, other than the coach has decided after looking at his stat's that he no longer will play centre for us
No one seems to have any idea what is going on. Same as no one could quite understand why Griffin was signing veteran journeyman after veteran journeyman instead of investing in youth. We all know how it went for Griffin.

At least Flanno has had several of them lose a bit of excess weight. Apart from that, it's a D from me at this point.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Zac is not on 800k he is not even on 700k
So the mystery deepens. Less than 700k for a decent goal kicking centre (I think he's better than "decent" but at worst, "decent") isn't really overs at all. Why would Flanno be wanting to push him out?

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
If we signed him a big % of the contract won't be counted in the salary cap, this is what the NRL had proposed, not sure if it has been approved as yet..
Would be a good signing but seems to confirm Zac wants out.
If Bird stays there he will cost us games ........ just not fast enough he will get burnt ...... Remember what I have written .......
Agree 100%. Won't let anyone down through lack of effort but can't do much if he just isn't fast enough.