Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Same here. Looks like Flanno aint interested in keeping Tamale as he has not been extended, plus he'd not be going after Petaia either..
Surprising. Tamale was an absolute gun playing for NSW U19s, was promoted into NSW Cup when very young and given a top 30 spot (this year) very young.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Surprising. Tamale was an absolute gun playing for NSW U19s, was promoted into NSW Cup when very young and given a top 30 spot (this year) very young.
Surprising indeed. A top 30 spot, yet no contract extension? Is his defense seen as not up to top grade standard.

Eric

Staff
Surprising indeed. A top 30 spot, yet no contract extension? Is his defense seen as not up to top grade standard.
Apparently that's the case at this stage but unlike speed, footwork or sheer power, tackling can be taught. I expect even the Feagai's defence will be much improved if or when they get a chance in the NRL this year.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Sullivan hooked by Benji in the Tigers game. I'm as surprised as anyone, I thought he was going to be a gun but it seems Flanno or Griffin or whoever it was, was right to let him go.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
A few articles in the DT behind paywalls.
Firstly Jack Bird putting in his two cents worth about Zac playing on the wing. I think Jack should have just said something like, "I don't know what's going on with Zac. I'm only concentrating on my own game."

Secondly and on a brighter note, Luciano Leilua talking about happy he is to be back and saying his heart was always with the Dragons and saying how much he appreciates being given another chance.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Which one's are on the market? I don't see who it could possibly be unless it's another fringe first grader. Frank Molo is about the best there is on the market. So it seems to me anyway.
Why is it only the Dragons who can't poach anyone from Union or any good ESL players? I was surprised no clubs wanted Luke Thompson.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Jackson Hastings? I don't think he'll have much enthusiasm to stay at Newcastle in reserve grade for long and his best position is 5/8 anyway. Probably played in the lower grades with Leilua and Sele. I know he was very unpopular. I wonder how those two felt about him.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Jackson Hastings? I don't think he'll have much enthusiasm to stay at Newcastle in reserve grade for long and his best position is 5/8 anyway. Probably played in the lower grades with Leilua and Sele. I know he was very unpopular. I wonder how those two felt about him.
Apart from his teammates generally hating him, he's just not a very good player. Might be an upgrade on Kyle Flanagan based on the last couple of years but not much of an upgrade.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Apart from his teammates generally hating him, he's just not a very good player. Might be an upgrade on Kyle Flanagan based on the last couple of years but not much of an upgrade.
One thing it would do is allow Flanno to play Kyle in the position he was apparently recruited to play.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
On second thoughts, if he become available, maybe Souffs dumped halfback would be a better option to play 5/8. Anyway, let's not write Kyle Flanno off yet. He's had one good and one bad game.