Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not fussed either way personally because this:

but also might just be very overrated.
Still young enough and I believe definitely have not seen the best of him ........ Bit like Lomax , some said the same overrated , with the right coach only just starting to fulfill his potential ..........

Eric

Staff
Lachlan Ilias has always seemed like a much better 5/8 than halfback. He can't help us this year but might be worth signing for 2025. Could get a package deal by bringing back Jason Demetriou as an assistant coach.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Lachlan Ilias has always seemed like a much better 5/8 than halfback. He can't help us this year but might be worth signing for 2025. Could get a package deal by bringing back Jason Demetriou as an assistant coach.
Prefer to get Josh Schuster to play 5/8 with clauses in his contract where he has to stay under a certain weight.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Last edited:

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
WTF!!!!

Only wants to stay because no one else is showing any interest. Wake up Flanagan. This obsession of molly coddling your buddies is nauseating.
Might be as an interchange utility and coming on for 20min a game at hooker to give Kyan Hjaltason a rest in his first full year as a first grade hooker.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Where does this bloke fit into the scheme of things. Signed till '25. I see him as another favorite holding up the promotion of Finau and/or Tamale. Or does our esteemed coach want him at fullback. More disruption.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Off Contract 2024
Josh Coric, Jack de Belin, Tom Eisenhuth, Mathew Feagai, Max Feagai, Jesse Marschke, Connor Muhleisen, Ben Murdoch-Masila, Jackson Shereb, Tyrell Sloan, Jaydn Su'A, Savelio Tamale, Alec Tuitavake. Why isnt Bird on this list?
To my knowledge both Finau and Tamale have been extended to '25. A priority we extend Jack, Sloan, S'ua. Tamale has masses of potential and Alex T is good for a couple more years until our juniors come thru.
Bird has an option he can take up and if he hasn't already, almost certainly will. You know I rate him as a utility.

Dave03

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm worried about Su'a leaving for Souths if Bennett goes to Souths because they need a 2rf, Su'a & Bennett have a good relationship too. I can also see the Roosters going after Ben Hunt, they're always in a win now mode & max it would be a 2 year contract imo.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I'm worried about Su'a leaving for Souths if Bennett goes to Souths because they need a 2rf, Su'a & Bennett have a good relationship too. I can also see the Roosters going after Ben Hunt, they're always in a win now mode & max it would be a 2 year contract imo.
Good player but wants too much money and we have several very promising backrowers almost ready for first grade. Any coach but Flanno probably would have already given a few a taste of first grade.

Hunt is under contract this year and next. If Roosters want him after that, they are very welcome to him.

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
Good player but wants too much money and we have several very promising backrowers almost ready for first grade. Any coach but Flanno probably would have already given a few a taste of first grade.

Hunt is under contract this year and next. If Roosters want him after that, they are very welcome to him.
Egan, Nick T, a few possibilities from the SG Ball team and Luciano. Maybe best not to offer Jayden a new deal.