Recruitment and Retention for 2024

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Not many options out there, only for the year and is the current Kiwi #9, clearing out the roster will take some time to get it where we need it to be.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Like i said no better options out there, we have tried for Zac Woolford, the PNG hooker (name escapes me), everything doesn't have to be negative.
How about looking at the positives, is a current Kiwi international, can play multiple positions that we lack depth in and the best part is only signed to the end of the year.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Like i said no better options out there, we have tried for Zac Woolford, the PNG hooker (name escapes me), everything doesn't have to be negative.
How about looking at the positives, is a current Kiwi international, can play multiple positions that we lack depth in and the best part is only signed to the end of the year.
That's true. Just bad timing on the same day Zac leaving became official.

RedVictory

SGI Jersey Flegg
You sound like the Dragons media.
He was 14 for Kiwis in the last game.
Foran was picked at 9 after Smith was unavailable and Tong was injured in first game.
If he can play #14 in a team that beats Australia 30-0 then I’m sure he’ll be just fine playing #14 for us.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Why did we need another hooker? Connor is the backup. He's not going to break the line very often or get many running metres but he'll tackle all day and provide acceptable service from dummy half.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
Why did we need another hooker? Connor is the backup. He's not going to break the line very often or get many running metres but he'll tackle all day and provide acceptable service from dummy half.
CM isn't first grade standard, offers nothing in attack, has no running game what so ever, service is average and he wasn't wanted for this year but got a contract at the end as we needed someone, Brown offers way more.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
CM isn't first grade standard, offers nothing in attack, has no running game what so ever, service is average and he wasn't wanted for this year but got a contract at the end as we needed someone, Brown offers way more.
Fair enough. But I'd still prefer Flanno raided a club like the Warriors, Storm, Tigers or another club with a hooker who isn't going anywhere for some years.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Thats a shame. I know all too well promising young players don't make or take that last step from ressies to 1sts and it's shattering to those players. That is where you need a good club culture and coaches to identify players, identify and work on their strengths and weaknesses. We haven't really had a good track record in that area for at least 7 yrs.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

SEA EAGLES QUIETLY NEGOTIATING SCHUSTER EXIT

The Manly Sea Eagles are trying to figure out a way they can respectfully land on a payout figure with the player who’s been granted personal leave; Josh Schuster. The Sea Eagles are trying to give Schuster the time he needs away from the game but have also quietly begun negotiations with his agent Mario Tartak.

The suggestion the Sea Eagles won’t have to pay Schuster seems a stretch given he still has the rest of this year plus another three years on his current playing contract. It hasn’t worked out at the Sea Eagles but at the right club there’s no question Schuster has enough talent to push to become an NRL regular.

I hope it's the Dragons but I don't think Flanno would want him at the club because 5/8 is probably his best position.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

SEA EAGLES QUIETLY NEGOTIATING SCHUSTER EXIT

The Manly Sea Eagles are trying to figure out a way they can respectfully land on a payout figure with the player who’s been granted personal leave; Josh Schuster. The Sea Eagles are trying to give Schuster the time he needs away from the game but have also quietly begun negotiations with his agent Mario Tartak.

The suggestion the Sea Eagles won’t have to pay Schuster seems a stretch given he still has the rest of this year plus another three years on his current playing contract. It hasn’t worked out at the Sea Eagles but at the right club there’s no question Schuster has enough talent to push to become an NRL regular.

I hope it's the Dragons but I don't think Flanno would want him at the club because 5/8 is probably his best position.
Having someone that lazy on the books might not be good for the culture. Though he's definitely very talented.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've got the day off, waiting for the game and doing some bored research.

Since round 18, 2021 we have had 28 players debut including CT and Nu today.
Only 3 have been local juniors and none of them are in the team ATM. Couchy Twins and Connor.

Since 2020 we have had 10 juniors make their NRL debut with us and only Sloan has retained a FG spot.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

Only 3 have been local juniors and none of them are in the team ATM. Couchy Twins and Connor.

Since 2020 we have had 10 juniors make their NRL debut with us and only Sloan has retained a FG spot.
No wonder we have been so poor.

Eric

Staff

No wonder we have been so poor.
But to my personal surprise, seems the club was right re Bud Sullivan. He's a reserve grader. I thought he was much better than he is.