The end of another dissapointing year

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think they are also paid bonuses for first grade but several of the players we want picked have already played first grade! So it can't apply to them! The only one as far as I can see we want picked who hasn't yet played first grade is Connor Muhleisen. And Connor Muhleisen is on a development contract! Which means he's available to be picked within the salary cap.

Let's amicably disagree about salary cap issues. Salary cap trouble or not, there is no reason for the coach not to go to other players in the top 30 who haven't miserably failed multiple times. The poor idiot honestly believes this is the best team available to him.
I'm just trying hard to find a reason why as a coach that you would pick the same 17 that has been flogged 3 games out of 4 in July which has cost us any faint chance we had of finishing 8th

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
sooner we all acknowledge the fact that because of salary cap issues he had no alternative
So he exacerbates the cap problem by offering Hunt an extension.. probably over promoting and upgrading some of our best juniors. It may not be his current $1.2 mill but betting it will be pretty hefty, when we cant afford it.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I'm just trying hard to find a reason why as a coach that you would pick the same 17 that has been flogged 3 games out of 4 in July which has cost us any faint chance we had of finishing 8th
I just think he thinks with this team he can basically drag the Shonkies down to the Dragons level and possibly pip them. And the idea has some merit. They did it for almost 60min against NQ. Almost but not quite. One opportunistic try kept the Dragons in it for 60min.

I think he's absolutely wrong, never mind the negativity and shortsightedness, but lets wait and see.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Bewildering. Griffin is making Mary look like a super coach. Was he brought here to lift our club or sink it.
These contracts were before Griffin arrived but he would have been aware of the financial situation hence buying cheaper used forwards to shore up a previously neglected pack. Just my views

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree as well. I said in another thread, may be best to let him go. I know Sullivan and Amone muffed their one chance but too early to write them off yet while there are a few more highly regarded halves in the lower grades.
My view let him go use Amone/Sullivan. Use the money saved to buy 2 decent front rowers and go from there

Eric

Staff
I dont believe Amone has muffed his chance. I still see him as a work in progress in the halves. Say we do let Benny go, then make sure we replace him with a good organiser so Junior can do his thing which is run, back up and score tries, rather than create them which I see as outside his comfort zone.
I meant they muffed their one chance as a combo thus far in the NRL. The game against the Broncos. Not either individual.
Name them Eric Eric. I personally think Zack Herring may be a future halve for us. Who else.
Zach Herring was the one I had in mind specifically. He's been promoted to the NSW Cup despite still be eligible for Flegg. Sam Hooper is another who I was thinking of. He's been shifting from the halves, to hooker, to the bench and back to halves again all season. They obviously have a high opinion of him becase he's been (C) of the Flegg team all season.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Zach Herring was the one I had in mind specifically. He's been promoted to the NSW Cup despite still be eligible for Flegg. Sam Hooper is another who I was thinking of. He's been shifting from the halves, to hooker, to the bench and back to halves again all season. They obviously have a high opinion of him becase he's been (C) of the Flegg team all season.
Not seen sufficient of these two to determine their creative skills. I hope both or at least one has them.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I meant they muffed their one chance as a combo thus far in the NRL. The game against the Broncos. Not either individual.

Not seen sufficient of these two to determine their creative skills. I hope both or at least one has them.
Nice to have options but I haven't given up on Sullivan and Amone at 7 and 6 just yet.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
So we are all in agreement that Hunt take the money and return home. Does he bring McCullogh with him.. then put him in a retirement for has been footy players. The other question is how do we get rid of Jack Bird.. our perennial under achiever.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So we are all in agreement that Hunt take the money and return home. Does he bring McCullogh with him.. then put him in a retirement for has been footy players. The other question is how do we get rid of Jack Bird.. our perennial under achiever.
Stuck with Bird, my view is that he will step into Sims spot for next 2 season at least so in reality if it is correct and we cannot purchase new players (props) you are looking at our backrowers being Su'a, Bird, JDB and engine room Lawrie, Molo and McCullough now that will give the opposition sleepless night's 😆. Remainder of team may have the added inclusion of Sloan but more likely it will be Ramsay, Rav, Suli, Lomax, Feigai. Halves Hunt and Amone. Next year will mark 53 yrs following the Dragons and putting my coaches hat on ( if I can remember where I put it) 😆 I predict 12th. Today is my birthday so I'm about to drown my sorrows and celebrate 🍾 all at once. Enjoy the rest of your day.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Stuck with Bird, my view is that he will step into Sims spot for next 2 season at least so in reality if it is correct and we cannot purchase new players (props) you are looking at our backrowers being Su'a, Bird, JDB and engine room Lawrie, Molo and McCullough now that will give the opposition sleepless night's 😆. Remainder of team may have the added inclusion of Sloan but more likely it will be Ramsay, Rav, Suli, Lomax, Feigai. Halves Hunt and Amone. Next year will mark 53 yrs following the Dragons and putting my coaches hat on ( if I can remember where I put it) 😆 I predict 12th. Today is my birthday so I'm about to drown my sorrows and celebrate 🍾 all at once. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Have a great day fellow Leo. Mine is Sunday week.🍾🍻

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Stuck with Bird, my view is that he will step into Sims spot for next 2 season at least so in reality if it is correct and we cannot purchase new players (props) you are looking at our backrowers being Su'a, Bird, JDB and engine room Lawrie, Molo and McCullough now that will give the opposition sleepless night's
Then another disappointing season awaits us I fear.
Bird to replace Sims.. I am getting palpitations.