Top 30 for 2023

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
It's failure all down the line. After 3 years, no matter how McGregor left the club, it shouldn't be this bad.
This ...... they all sat on their hands , they don't care as long as they are all dipping their fingers in the pot they are ok ...... one day the pot will run dry and they will all bail saying its not their fault ......

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
If I have said it once I've said it a thousand times whilst we have the current club and team culture we will never be competitive
I think this is more on the front office. No matter the culture, there is only so much one can squeeze out of Woods, Murdoch-Masila, Musgrove at this stage of their careers. And only so much one could ever get out of Burns, Liddle, Kerr and etc.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I think this is more on the front office. No matter the culture, there is only so much one can squeeze out of Woods, Murdoch-Masila, Musgrove at this stage of their careers. And only so much one could ever get out of Burns, Liddle, Kerr and etc.
When I speak about club culture that includes everyone from the volunteers the cleaners up to and including the ceo.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
When I speak about club culture that includes everyone from the volunteers the cleaners up to and including the ceo.
In principle I think your right but not sure about the cleaners and volunteers. Those are exactly the people the front office idiots probably like to give bakings to. In order pretend they are really on the job and trying hard to get everything in order.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
In principle I think your right but not sure about the cleaners and volunteers. Those are exactly the people the front office idiots probably like to give bakings to. In order pretend they are really on the job and trying hard to get everything in order.
I'm old fashioned. It costs you nothing to say hello, thank you didn't matter to me what position I held or they held. You'd be surprised what positivety you can garnish talking to volunteers and cleaners both within andoutside the club. 3 points I used to answer the inevitable what can or will you bring to the club was:
  • Honest, Open Communication. When a company/business focuses values on appreciation, gratitude, and recognition, employees feel safe and happy.
  • Gratitude and Praise.
  • Respect each othet & provide clear clarity in setting achievable goals and objectives to enhance the workplace culture

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I'm old fashioned. It costs you nothing to say hello, thank you didn't matter to me what position I held or they held. You'd be surprised what positivety you can garnish talking to volunteers and cleaners both within andoutside the club. 3 points I used to answer the inevitable what can or will you bring to the club was:
  • Honest, Open Communication. When a company/business focuses values on appreciation, gratitude, and recognition, employees feel safe and happy.
  • Gratitude and Praise.
  • Respect each othet & provide clear clarity in setting achievable goals and objectives to enhance the workplace culture
Agree there is no respect anymore , morals are gone , nothing surprises me anymore ..... the world has gone mad , as has our once great Football team .....

Eric

Staff
  • Gratitude and Praise.
Didn't you say you were in your 60s? That isn't old at all. You could still impregnate JDB's second favourite girl depending on what she is doing now. The club could really do with you going in and baking X number of morons and sacking outright an equal number.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Didn't you say you were in your 60s? That isn't old at all. You could still impregnate JDB's second favourite girl depending on what she is doing now. The club could really do with you going in and baking X number of morons and sacking outright an equal number.
JDB's second favourite girl? Is that his wife/the mother of his children, a heavy pot smoking, occasional cocaine using girl from the Gong or someone else?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was born in 60 and brought up in an era where you respected your parents, your elders. You didn't break the law or someone else's jaw, you treated women equally and you were humble and law abiding working hard from the age of 12 for your pocket money. My how times have changed, and not for the better.

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I was born in 60 and brought up in an era where you respected your parents, your elders. You didn't break the law or someone else's jaw, you treated women equally and you were humble and law abiding working hard from the age of 12 for your pocket money. My how times have changed, and not for the better.
Try telling Les Boyd that.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Maybe you did but society as a whole didn't.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I beg to differ growing up in the 70s and 80s was well and truly different to post 2000
From what I've read and heard, in earlier times there were a lot of cases of sexual assault and wife beating that were never reported because if it came down to her word against his, no charges were filed. As for wife beating, maybe not in the 70s and 80s but earlier it was pretty common. Like in the 50s and 60s.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
From what I've read and heard, in earlier times there were a lot of cases of sexual assault and wife beating that were never reported because if it came down to her word against his, no charges were filed. As for wife beating, maybe not in the 70s and 80s but earlier it was pretty common. Like in the 50s and 60s.
Very dark

Eric

Staff

ST. GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS​

Will Griffin survive?​

The Dragons board and senior executive have put their own heads on the chopping block by not making the tough call with Griffin during the off-season. We saw last year when Wests Tigers gave Michael Maguire a stay of execution over the summer how it ultimately blew up in their faces. When they ended up sacking him mid-season it was too late to save them, with the club finishing with the wooden spoon. On the surface the Dragons appear to be in a very similar predicament, and if it turns to mud some very senior people are entitled to be put under the microscope by the fans.

Will Lomax realise his true potential?​

It’s become a bit of running gag around the game how everyone always goes back to Freddy Fittler spruiking Zac Lomax as “the gifted one”. The fact is Lomax is now 23 and it’s about time he delivered on that enormous potential, or otherwise he could wake up one day and wonder what the hell happened. At his best Lomax is State of Origin standard, but he needs to get the mug tactics out of his game first; like that silly incident last season when he tried to get under Tyson Frizell’s skin and it backfired on him badly. What we’d all love to see is Lomax come back in 2023 and cut the crap out of his game, just concentrate on being the best footballer he can be. You know what Freddy said is right, but only Lomax can deliver on the promise.

Massive spinal issues​

So much will still depend on Ben Hunt. The veteran halfback had a fabulous year in 2022 and he’ll need to do that next season for the Dragons to have any hope of challenging to top teams. Even more pressure goes on his shoulders with Cody Ramsey’s illness, Talatau Amone subjected to the no-fault stood-down policy and Jayden Sullivan suffering another hamstring injury. With either Ramsey or Tyrell Sloan at fullback, a fit Sullivan (or Moses Mbye) at five-eighth, and Jacob Liddle the dummy half, on paper it doesn’t look like they have the big guns in the most crucial positions to match the genuine heavyweights just yet. Still, this is a side that has a stack of players who could easily come out and shock us all by going to the next level in the next year or two. So if the Dragons can sort out their off-field issues they could be one still end up being one of the real surprise packets in 2023. Though it could just as easily go pear-shaped if the unrest lingers.

This is also untrue. The biggest issue the Dragons have is the engine room. Only Lawrie is a good prop. The rest and the hooker are barely NRL standard. Also Su'a is one backrower. Need another.