Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Our favourite ex coach jodragon40 jodragon40 is copping it from everyone recently.:mad:
BTW this won't make RedVHeartbeat RedVHeartbeat in particular very happy but Ben Hunt is staying for at least next year. It's been decided. I was in favour of sending him on his way and giving Sullivan a decent crack but now it's been done, he's reported to "only" being taking up 800k in the salary cap. TBH, for a halfback, not the best but far from the worst, 800k seems like a pretty good deal considering what other halfbacks are on.
Dont care if he was on zero money the guys a flog , captain of a team and he wanted to bail , you will see if I'm wrong or not but soon as it gets hard and the pressure is on him to win games it will all start again , the winging I want out ........

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Dont care if he was on zero money the guys a flog , captain of a team and he wanted to bail , you will see if I'm wrong or not but soon as it gets hard and the pressure is on him to win games it will all start again , the winging I want out ........
Yes unfortunately club loyalty no longer exists like it was back in the day.

Eric

Staff
I hate that he was re-signed and then to add insult to injury, he carried on like he did. But now it's done, the situation isn't that bad given the money he is on (reported to be on anyway) and the money other top halfbacks are on.

Eric

Staff
He's still on around a million.
I've heard that as well but that includes TPAs. I heard when he was first re-signed it was for about 750k. Now the DT is reporting 800k. I really wanted Sullivan to be given a decent chance. No one thinks Hunt is going to lead us to a premiership so why not? That's the way I saw it. But for a pretty good halfback, overrated but still pretty good, 800k out of the cap isn't a bad deal.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
I've heard that as well but that includes TPAs. I heard when he was first re-signed it was for about 750k. Now the DT is reporting 800k. I really wanted Sullivan to be given a decent chance. No one thinks Hunt is going to lead us to a premiership so why not? That's the way I saw it. But for a pretty good halfback, overrated but still pretty good, 800k out of the cap isn't a bad deal.
We offered around 850 that was rejected and he signed for around 900 plus a 10% rachet clause deoeneding on salary cap increase. That puts him on a mill next season and 1.1 for 25.
That's from talking to his manager Chimes.

The Telegraph make up figures to suit their story.

Eric

Staff
We offered around 850 that was rejected and he signed for around 900 plus a 10% rachet clause deoeneding on salary cap increase. That puts him on a mill next season and 1.1 for 25.
That's from talking to his manager Chimes.

The Telegraph make up figures to suit their story.
In that case, whoever at the club who signed off on that is criminally incompetent!
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
In that case, whoever at the club who signed off on that is criminally incompetent!
I personally think he is overrated as a half and hasn't delivered.
At the time of negotiations Hook was our coach and no one was coming to the club.
Hunt was by far our best player and came 3rd in the Dally M, so i can see how he got the contract.
The board signed off on it.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
I personally think he is overrated as a half and hasn't delivered.
At the time of negotiations Hook was our coach and no one was coming to the club.
Hunt was by far our best player and came 3rd in the Dally M, so i can see how he got the contract.
The board signed off on it.
No question Hunt had a good year in 2022. I think a bit overrated but still good.

Eric

Staff
St George Illawarra are on the verge of agreeing a new deal with blockbusting centre Moses Suli and have widened their recruiting net to include North Queensland back rower Heilum Luki as they look to supercharge their rebuild under coach Shane Flanagan.

Suli has a three-year deal on the table from the Dragons and it is understood the parties are close to signing off on the agreement, which would mean the Tongan international remains at the Dragons until the end of 2027.

Ok..... so what is going to happen to Tamale?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup

Well the verdict is in Amone received a 2 yr Intensive correctional order. Dad got 2.5 yrs jail non parole period of 12 months. Now it's up to the Dragons how they move forward and his playing future with us. So the magistrate sentenced him to 2 yrs imprisonment however in lieu of imprisonment allowed that to become a 2 year ICO. So he can serve the sentence in the community. When sentencing offenders for serious offences, New South Wales courts can impose Intensive Correction Orders (ICOs) as an alternative to full time imprisonment. Suspended sentences have now been abolished in New South Wales. An ICO is a custodial sentence of no more than two years that can be served in the community. Obviously being a 1st time offender with reasonable prospects for rehabilitation the Magistrate did not throw him into jail with his Dad.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff

Well the verdict is in Amone received a 2 yr Intensive correctional order. Dad got 2.5 yrs jail non parole period of 12 months. Now it's up to the Dragons how they move forward and his playing future with us. So the magistrate sentenced him to 2 yrs imprisonment however in lieu of imprisonment allowed that to become a 2 year ICO. So he can serve the sentence in the community. When sentencing offenders for serious offences, New South Wales courts can impose Intensive Correction Orders (ICOs) as an alternative to full time imprisonment. Suspended sentences have now been abolished in New South Wales. An ICO is a custodial sentence of no more than two years that can be served in the community. Obviously being a 1st time offender with reasonable prospects for rehabilitation the Magistrate did not throw him into jail with his Dad.
So he won't be available for the next 2 seasons?

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Just wondering out loud...... Do you think we can petition the judge to place Amone in jodragon40 jodragon40's custody for a 6 month crash course in discipline? Then he can rejoin the team in May.
Discipline can be taught, sometimes successfully sometimes it fails. The kid made a mistake, a bad one, he is lucky the victim didn't fall off the roof and die. I always had a sign on my workplace door and on the dressing room door. 'The Standard you walk past and ignore is the standard you accept'. As a club do we accept this behaviour or not? Time will tell