Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Eric

Staff
I understand where you are coming from but there is a lot in between winning the comp and losing every game. Losing every game would do a lot of harm to the confidence of some of our young players coming though. For this reason and this reason only, I wouldn't be in favour of letting Hunt go now.
💯 Not winning a premiership is one thing, winning the wooden spoon is something else. Can't fuking believe they sent Sullivan on his way!!!! The club should be made to explain itself!
  • So Kyle Flanno was signed to play hooker. Fair enough. Is he a good hooker? Wasn't at the Grubs.
  • So now Amone is gone, club has "no choice" but to play Kyle Flanno in the halves. So why send Sullivan on his way at all let alone when Amone had thing thing hanging over his head.
  • With all due respect, why sign aging NSW Cup players (or QLD Cup players) Eisenhuth and now according to Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan, Corey Allen? Is the former better than someone like Fuimaono? I don't think so. As for the latter, we have one Feagai, Tamale, Finau, Bird all trying to push an incumbent outside back out of the 17. Why do we need one more?
The whole retention and recruitment strategy is making no sense to me at all. Greatly appreciate it if someone can explain it to me.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
💯 Not winning a premiership is one thing, winning the wooden spoon is something else. Can't fuking believe they sent Sullivan on his way!!!! The club should be made to explain itself!
  • So Kyle Flanno was signed to play hooker. Fair enough. Is he a good hooker? Wasn't at the Grubs.
  • So now Amone is gone, club has "no choice" but to play Kyle Flanno in the halves. So why send Sullivan on his way at all let alone when Amone had thing thing hanging over his head.
  • With all due respect, why sign aging NSW Cup players (or QLD Cup players) Eisenhuth and now according to Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan, Corey Allen? Is the former better than someone like Fuimaono? I don't think so. As for the latter, we have one Feagai, Tamale, Finau, Bird all trying to push an incumbent outside back out of the 17. Why do we need one more?
The whole retention and recruitment strategy is making no sense to me at all. Greatly appreciate it if someone can explain it to me.
I'm confused

Edward

SGI Jersey Flegg
In talks with Corey Allan
I'm confused
I'm also confused. I'm probably completely off but I'm going to throw this out there just for something to think about. This news comes to light just after Amone is convicted. Could Flanno be thinking Allen might play 5/8?

In regard to Eisenhuth-Fuimaono, no idea. I'd rate them about the same but Fuimaono is younger and a better athlete. So with good coaching, should have been a better player.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I'm also confused. I'm probably completely off but I'm going to throw this out there just for something to think about. This news comes to light just after Amone is convicted. Could Flanno be thinking Allen might play 5/8?

In regard to Eisenhuth-Fuimaono, no idea. I'd rate them about the same but Fuimaono is younger and a better athlete. So with good coaching, should have been a better player.
Eisenhuth comes from a better quality club and has experience.

Eric

Staff

Not a bad idea. Fullbacks becoming 5/8s is all the rage these days.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

Allan officially signed for 1 season 2024.
Not a bad idea at all. I've seen him play before. Has all the skills just not fast or elusive enough to be a good fullback.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Frank Molo is massive!
He is a hope , if he can transfer his aggression to his on field performances instead of his missus. He played 18 games last season made 25 runs per game avg 105m so the stats are there fingers crossed for 2024

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Mam re signed with the Broncos, knocking back interest from the Dolphins. Might have big implications for the Dragons pursuit of Dearden.