Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I say bye bye he can go with the Sook ......
Hmmmm to lose first choice 5/8 and 1/2 at the same time would make it really difficult for the other 28 in the squad.
Discipline can be taught, sometimes successfully sometimes it fails. The kid made a mistake, a bad one, he is lucky the victim didn't fall off the roof and die. I always had a sign on my workplace door and on the dressing room door. 'The Standard you walk past and ignore is the standard you accept'. As a club do we accept this behaviour or not? Time will tell
Well said!

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Really don't care we ain't winning the comp either way , they both can move on and start blooding guys and find a replacements next year ........

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Really don't care we ain't winning the comp either way , they both can move on and start blooding guys and find a replacements next year ........
I understand where you are coming from but there is a lot in between winning the comp and losing every game. Losing every game would do a lot of harm to the confidence of some of our young players coming though. For this reason and this reason only, I wouldn't be in favour of letting Hunt go now.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
I understand where you are coming from but there is a lot in between winning the comp and losing every game. Losing every game would do a lot of harm to the confidence of some of our young players coming though. For this reason and this reason only, I wouldn't be in favour of letting Hunt go now.
Yep I understand and agree with what you say , but remember what I post here if we are going ok and winning a few games Hunt will settle , but the moment it gets tough and we lose games on the trot he will start the [ he wants out again ] ........ But in saying that as I posted elsewhere Flanno has to be at least a 30 percent better coach than HOOK ....... So I'm hoping that Flanno can improve each player by 10 to 20 percent more or even better with players like , Lomax , Sloan , Suli , and even his son Kyle ........ If that happens we will be on the edge of the 8 with some chance ......... So if Hunt can steer the team around [ something he has lacked for years now ] then we are a chance to improve and he settles ........ BUT ........ ?

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
I say bye bye he can go with the Sook ......
But the sook aint going anywhere, thanks to Flanagan. Now Amone has been exonerated will Flanagan call for his sacking as he wants his boy to play 5/8. If so then nepotism remains at this club. Amone has untapped promise, could be another Luai imho. He will blossom alongside a half the calibre of Dearden along with our new support staff strengthening his weaknesses. So I say let us benefit from his talent rather than another club and keep him after whatever punishment the NRL cares to impose. How many games has he missed already from being stood down. Fair thing is to subtract that from his sentence.

Last edited:

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
Yep I understand and agree with what you say , but remember what I post here if we are going ok and winning a few games Hunt will settle , but the moment it gets tough and we lose games on the trot he will start the [ he wants out again ] ........ But in saying that as I posted elsewhere Flanno has to be at least a 30 percent better coach than HOOK ....... So I'm hoping that Flanno can improve each player by 10 to 20 percent more or even better with players like , Lomax , Sloan , Suli , and even his son Kyle ........ If that happens we will be on the edge of the 8 with some chance ......... So if Hunt can steer the team around [ something he has lacked for years now ] then we are a chance to improve and he settles ........ BUT ........ ?
Agree completely about Hunt being unable to lead the team around. It's not his game. I think Flanno also realises that. That's why he has talked up Hunt's running game to Kyle's lack of a running game. So it looks like it's Kyle's job to lead the team around.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS SET TO EXTEND SULI

The Dragons are set to lock in boom centre Moses Suli after tabling a three-year extension to the 25-year-old. That is according to reports, which claims Suli and the club are close to agreeing to terms. Suli joined the Dragons ahead of the 2022 season after being released early from his Manly contract.

The Tongan international was one of the Dragons’ best players in what was a disappointing 2023 campaign. He finished the season with two tries, six try assists and six linebreaks in 22 games while averaging 118 running metres per game. He also finished second in the side for tackle busts with a total of 75.

It comes after Suli created a stir back in March when he admitted he initially didn’t want to join the Dragons but said he had to “do what is best for me and my footy.” The next day he was forced to clarify his comments, claiming his interview got “twisted” and explaining that his initial hesitation was due to having to leaving is family home.

“I love the club and loyal fans.” Suli said in March. Suli’s new deal will keep him in the Red V until the end of 2027.

I was disappointed by him. He just gets the ball and runs straight and hard. Very rarely passes and I don't think ever puts on any footwork.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup

DRAGONS SET TO EXTEND SULI

The Dragons are set to lock in boom centre Moses Suli after tabling a three-year extension to the 25-year-old. That is according to reports, which claims Suli and the club are close to agreeing to terms. Suli joined the Dragons ahead of the 2022 season after being released early from his Manly contract.

The Tongan international was one of the Dragons’ best players in what was a disappointing 2023 campaign. He finished the season with two tries, six try assists and six linebreaks in 22 games while averaging 118 running metres per game. He also finished second in the side for tackle busts with a total of 75.

It comes after Suli created a stir back in March when he admitted he initially didn’t want to join the Dragons but said he had to “do what is best for me and my footy.” The next day he was forced to clarify his comments, claiming his interview got “twisted” and explaining that his initial hesitation was due to having to leaving is family home.

“I love the club and loyal fans.” Suli said in March. Suli’s new deal will keep him in the Red V until the end of 2027.

I was disappointed by him. He just gets the ball and runs straight and hard. Very rarely passes and I don't think ever puts on any footwork.
So is Lomax on the outer or Tamale? How could Tamale be on the outer when he is only 19 and promoted into the top 30? But how could Lomax be on the outer when he's the goal kicker and arguably the best player in the team? What's going on?

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
So is Lomax on the outer or Tamale? How could Tamale be on the outer when he is only 19 and promoted into the top 30? But how could Lomax be on the outer when he's the goal kicker and arguably the best player in the team? What's going on?
Honestly, no idea. Flanno's start isn't encouraging me. Then again, Griffin's did and look how that worked out.
A big unit like this guy should triple those line breaks. Has size but no step even a swerve. Be far more productive as a middle or edge forward for mine.
Agree completely.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
My take is Flanno wants Zac at the back and Tyrell out wide somewhere. Has to convince the kid he is not up to the standard currently. Tell him, he'll be given another crack at the back when he bulks up and fixes his flawed defense.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
My take is Flanno wants Zac at the back and Tyrell out wide somewhere. Has to convince the kid he is not up to the standard currently. Tell him, he'll be given another crack at the back when he bulks up and fixes his flawed defense.
If Flanno wants him to improve his defence before being given another chance, it'll have to be in the NSW Cup.

GCRV

SGI NSW Cup
Discipline can be taught, sometimes successfully sometimes it fails. The kid made a mistake, a bad one, he is lucky the victim didn't fall off the roof and die. I always had a sign on my workplace door and on the dressing room door. 'The Standard you walk past and ignore is the standard you accept'. As a club do we accept this behaviour or not? Time will tell
I was just joking around a little and then you went got all logical on me.

I know there are 2 sides to the story and we haven't heard the Amone's side of it but it seriously does look for them. Maybe you can take his dad into custody and teach him some discipline before anything. How can a legally parked car be such a big problem that it would lead to what happened. Surely his dad should have told to back off and it's not worth it. But it seems the opposite.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I was just joking around a little and then you went got all logical on me.

I know there are 2 sides to the story and we haven't heard the Amone's side of it but it seriously does look for them. Maybe you can take his dad into custody and teach him some discipline before anything. How can a legally parked car be such a big problem that it would lead to what happened. Surely his dad should have told to back off and it's not worth it. But it seems the opposite.
I spoke to an old work colleague of mine in regards to his Dad unfortunately in his particular culture has instilled in it a violent streak. He showed no remorse for his actions hence the 2.5 yrs jail term, not even I could have helped. Young Amone got 2 yrs ICO which is actually a jail term to be served outside of jail, his culture is like many, very family orientated he wasn't going to stop. Now do we put his actions down to a one off error in judgement or do we cut him loose. Time will tell

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I spoke to an old work colleague of mine in regards to his Dad unfortunately in his particular culture has instilled in it a violent streak. He showed no remorse for his actions hence the 2.5 yrs jail term, not even I could have helped. Young Amone got 2 yrs ICO which is actually a jail term to be served outside of jail, his culture is like many, very family orientated he wasn't going to stop. Now do we put his actions down to a one off error in judgement or do we cut him loose. Time will tell
Proud Of You Yes GIF