Recruitment and Retention for 2024

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The car looks shinier and quicker but we still lack grunt under the bonnet in the engine room. Perhaps my 2025 prediction is going to be spot on.
We are talking about RL not car racing. Did you get on the drink early today?
Parks And Recreation Dancing GIF

Ryan

SGI Jersey Flegg
So much for that.

St Helens shut down Dragons plan to snare UK star Jack Welsby​

Days after St George Illawarra began negotiations with one of the Super League’s brightest young stars, St Helens have shut down the Dragons poaching raid.​

St George Illawarra and any other NRL club hoping to get their hands on England star Jack Welsby will have to be more patient than they thought after it emerged that he had secretly agreed to a long-term extension with St Helens.

This masthead reported this week that St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan had identified Welsby as a potential signing at the end of 2025, when it has been widely reported his current contract expires.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
So much for that.

Days after St George Illawarra began negotiations with one of the Super League’s brightest young stars, St Helens have shut down the Dragons poaching raid.​

St George Illawarra and any other NRL club hoping to get their hands on England star Jack Welsby will have to be more patient than they thought after it emerged that he had secretly agreed to a long-term extension with St Helens.

This masthead reported this week that St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan had identified Welsby as a potential signing at the end of 2025, when it has been widely reported his current contract expires.
I did mention that earlier.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
So much for that.

Back to square 1. I wonder if we could poach Sullivan from the Tigers.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
he is Recruitment manager for Pathways.
My take was that Shaun Timmins had this role. Well if Millward is responsible for most of these juniors then I take back what I said, as he has done his homework. Only small beef I have, is like to see him scouting more promising juniors from our state instead of what is a majority of banana munchers.

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
My take was that Shaun Timmins had this role. Well if Millward is responsible for most of these juniors then I take back what I said, as he has done his homework. Only small beef I have, is like to see him scouting more promising juniors from our state instead of what is a majority of banana munchers.
Throw the net far and wide. But I would guess NQ, Broncos, Dolphins, GC, Melbourne, teams which have feeder clubs in QLD, get the pick of QLD talent.

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
May have but if so, seems he was under Millward. But Just a Mug Fan Just a Mug Fan would know better than me.

Just a Mug Fan

SGI Jersey Flegg
Only small beef I have, is like to see him scouting more promising juniors from our state instead of what is a majority of banana munchers.
Basil told me about this kid last weekend.

Kapene Karaitiana is from Gilgandra at 16yo he already stands at 188cm.
He plays in the Dubbo competition and was selected for Western Rams reps and CHS reps this year.
He was named as one of the top 30 under 16 players to watch.
He will line up for the Steelers in Harold Matthews next year before progressing to SG Ball.

Attachments

• images (6).jpeg
    images (6).jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0