Recruitment and Retention for 2024

Eric

Staff
Send Lomax on his way but extend Frank Molo? Now I've seen it all. Early on during Griffins time, I wondered WTF he was doing with recruitment and retention. Wasn't making any sense to me but I concluded he must have had a plan. His plan was to give as much money as possible to his old Broncos players and Jack Bird. Damned everyone else.

Getting similar vibes with Flanno's early recruitment and retention.

Has anyone considered the possibility Flanno and Zac fell out when the timeline went like this:
  • Amone suspended indefinitely.
  • Flanno says the plan was to play Kyle at hooker but now he has "no choice" but to play him at 5/8.
  • Lomax goes on TV saying he'd like a chance to play 5/8. An idea Flanno rushes to write off in a way where it wouldn't be spoken of anymore.

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
Send Lomax on his way but extend Frank Molo? Now I've seen it all. Early on during Griffins time, I wondered WTF he was doing with recruitment and retention. Wasn't making any sense to me but I concluded he must have had a plan. His plan was to give as much money as possible to his old Broncos players and Jack Bird. Damned everyone else.

Getting similar vibes with Flanno's early recruitment and retention.

Has anyone considered the possibility Flanno and Zac fell out when the timeline went like this:
  • Amone suspended indefinitely.
  • Flanno says the plan was to play Kyle at hooker but now he has "no choice" but to play him at 5/8.
  • Lomax goes on TV saying he'd like a chance to play 5/8. An idea Flanno rushes to write off in a way where it wouldn't be spoken of anymore.
You may be right ......

Illusion

SGI Jersey Flegg
FMolo resigned for the next 2 seasons. We'll I am personally surprised by that relying on his performances and stat's over the last 3 seasons.
Jo I dont even have to look at his stats to know the guy has been poor ....... So it looks like if you buy into what ever Flanno says then you will stay on as Frank has bought into the coach's plans ......... Looks like Lomax didn't and went against the grain so he is out ........

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno has lost his mind
Go Crazy Wtf GIF

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
Does anyone know where this leaves the Couchman brothers? I thought they were both easily better than Frank Molo last year. Should be much better now.
Both Couchmans were signed until the end of next season however as we have seen recently that doesn't mean much these days

Morgan

SGI NSW Cup
I think during 2022 season reading a list of the highest paid props. Frank Molo wasn't the highest but he was way up there. I remember thinking, 'What a recruitment debacle' and putting it down to Griffin wanting to recruit every QLDer he could.

And now this!

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Flanno in the presser today

Ben wants to be here. Ben will see out his contract and maybe go further...
WTF
I just think Flanno should explain himself to the fans. Why Bird, not Lomax. Why Frank Molo. Why aren't the Couchman's good enough for first grade?

I know he's already explained Kyle. I just disagree with him but lets wait till the end of the season to see who is right.

AyiosYiorgos

SGI Jersey Flegg
I just think Flanno should explain himself to the fans. Why Bird, not Lomax. Why Frank Molo. Why aren't the Couchman's good enough for first grade?

I know he's already explained Kyle. I just disagree with him but lets wait till the end of the season to see who is right.
Ask Lomax why he wants out, has been asking since June/July 2023, Bird hasn't asked for a release as far as i know, Couchmans may need to work on their game

Chris M

SGI NSW Cup
Ask Lomax why he wants out, has been asking since June/July 2023, Bird hasn't asked for a release as far as i know, Couchmans may need to work on their game
Where is your source for that?
I'd say last year Couchman's were already better than BMM, Frank and Mike Molo. Form this year in NSW Cup suggests they are much better now.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup