The WORLD CUP discussion thread.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
The same as they have always been. The winner of a solitary World Cup (2008) to the Kangaroos 12 plus with internationals between the two nations, NZ 32/ 'Roos 100.
But they have gotten much better over the last 10years. Still unlikely to beat Aus but would be a very good game if NZ had half those Samoans and Tongans to choose from.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
On fox and Ch9. Lomax may be a dark horse for the Kangaroo tour, hope so.
Was thinking the same. I view Zac as being hamstrung by lack of good clean ball to work his pace and footwork. Perhaps our national selectors see the same and reckon with a more go forward pack he will get cleaner ball in space.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
On fox and Ch9. Lomax may be a dark horse for the Kangaroo tour, hope so.
If he is picked, after the year he had, it'll be a political decision. JDB should be picked but they won't so they have to pick another St George player. Remember there was talk of dropping Zac to ressies in the early part of this season.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
If he is picked, after the year he had, it'll be a political decision. JDB should be picked but they won't so they have to pick another St George player. Remember there was talk of dropping Zac to ressies in the early part of this season.
I thought that he was one of our better players this season. When he was on we were always a chance of scoring. His pitfall is his hot head and his overuse of his trick play. This is where as a coach you earn your $$$. It is up to you and your coaching team to iron out the kinks in his game and cool his head. In a team that was ordinary this season and didn't make the top 8 he finished with 167 points which ranked him 5th. The talent and ability is there but the coaching isn't. Just my views.

RedV01

SGI NSW Cup
I thought that he was one of our better players this season. When he was on we were always a chance of scoring. His pitfall is his hot head and his overuse of his trick play. This is where as a coach you earn your $$$. It is up to you and your coaching team to iron out the kinks in his game and cool his head. In a team that was ordinary this season and didn't make the top 8 he finished with 167 points which ranked him 5th. The talent and ability is there but the coaching isn't. Just my views.
I agree. After his shocker against the Cowboys he was much, much better for the rest of the season. But look at the other centres he'd have to beat. Mitchell, Burton, Gagai, Holmes, Crighton, the Broncos centre whose name I've forgotten. I think even Campbell Graham would be ahead of Lomax.

jodragon40

SGI NSW Cup
I agree. After his shocker against the Cowboys he was much, much better for the rest of the season. But look at the other centres he'd have to beat. Mitchell, Burton, Gagai, Holmes, Crighton, the Broncos centre whose name I've forgotten. I think even Campbell Graham would be ahead of Lomax.
Agree but he is in the PM13 team so has a chance to shine

Eric

Staff
I know this is off topic as we dont have a discussion thread for general topics. I suggested to Eric Eric we start one for use in footy off season. This'll blow your socks off fellars if true!!!..

Chinese President Xi Jinping has became one of the top trending topics on Twitter amid unsubstantiated reports he is under house arrest and that China is in the midst of a military coup.
There is this: https://sgiforum.com/threads/politics-militarism-and-war.165/
I'd imagine it would be more likely in Europe. Though I know a lot of people in China are totally fed up with the Covid restrictions.

RedVHeartbeat

SGI NSW Cup
Zac plants a bouncing ball cms inside the dead ball line.
Another cricket score coming up.

Ben's trademark 40/20 gives us huge field position.

Last edited: